Hi I'm trying to get into FPV

Crazy Goats

yes, you need a battery to power the monitor and receiver. I have a Y harness on my FPV setup so I can power both with one battery.

McScott29

I now have the whole setup, but I'm not sure if my spektrum receiver will give the camera the right amount of voltage. Can I still use the receiver as a power source even if the battery is over the maximum voltage of the camera?

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Did you end up getting the Hyperion Mini? It should be fine pulling power from your RX. Your ESC should have a BEC that feeds 5V to your RX. Which ESC are you using?

McScott29

I did get the hyperion mini. The ESC I'm using is a "BL Heli 30 amp ESC" (same one as in power pack C). Also, I'm using a Spektrum 4ch receiver with a 7.4V battery.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
As long as you have a space to plug it in (3 channel plane), you should have no worries. That esc provides 5V at up to 2A

McScott29

The reason I'm concerned is that the camera gets really hot while connected and it says the voltage range is 3.5 to 5 volts.

ridepate

I hook my Eachine board cam and VTX to a 3s Lipo...Hasn't hurt it yet. I'm trying to use a 7-inch monitor vs. goggles. The glare, even with a shade is horrible. I can hardly see it. Didn't end well.....This was my second FPV adventure. Went pretty good until I looked away and tried to LOS it...it was behind me. I can't do goggles because of glasses.

FPV crash.jpg

Last edited: