Hobbyzone Sport Cub S BNF and RTF owners thread

shiztec

Hi guys new to the forums and I have a question about my Sport Cub S. I have taken it out to fly a couple of times and am having issues with trimming our my plane. Immediately after take off the plane wants to turn hard to the left. I cannot correct this with the trim buttons on my DX6i. I have also inspected the plane to make sure nothing is bent. Thanks for your time.

Nick.

fish

Hi guys new to the forums and I have a question about my Sport Cub S. I have taken it out to fly a couple of times and am having issues with trimming our my plane. Immediately after take off the plane wants to turn hard to the left. I cannot correct this with the trim buttons on my DX6i. I have also inspected the plane to make sure nothing is bent. Thanks for your time.

Nick.

I am no expert.

read the manual, take the U-bend of the Rudder, and inspect the shrink tube and main push rod, they are three pieces, yes three. from the inside of the fuse of the control board, to the rudder..

Out of the box on all SCS the ywill track LEFT. bend it to it goes called mechanical trim. spreading will go left, bending right, if I got it backwards then opposite lol?

Keep all trim, electronic centered. Trim not in beginners I do it in intermediate or Experienced. Wind will make it go more, a broken rudder, you name it, one flight no a number of flights yes. will get it trimmed.. Elevator will be up by factory as well.but each CG differs (center of gravity)

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I agree with Fish, my did the same thing. Compress the u-bend until it flies straight, mine took many times to get it right and I had to repeat it sometimes on a later session.

Jon L

I noticed the SC can be steered with the rudder in safe mode. It may be that he is putting pressure to the side when throttling up? If you apply full rudder the plane will stay flat and just turn, SAFE mode keeps it from going into a spin.

fish

I noticed the SC can be steered with the rudder in safe mode. It may be that he is putting pressure to the side when throttling up? If you apply full rudder the plane will stay flat and just turn, SAFE mode keeps it from going into a spin.

Not at all. I confirm this with the two I own, the plane does need mechanical trim out of the box.

possibly due to pressure on the push horns.
possibly due to the base holding the rudder on cocked eyed.
possibly due to push rod and hinges made wrong
possibly due to settling in the box and tail wheel

many possabilitie's if asked.

Agree bend it fly it return bend it fly it return. take one toss and one straight line to know it's trimmed. not a full flight You can do it in the one bat round, but another day and flight will tell, U-bend has memory it will flex back some, so down the road you may feel it needs inspection again.

FISH

shiztec

Thanks guys for the input!!! I was able to fly yesterday and everything worked great (still have some elevator trim issues but I'm working those out). Compressing the u-bend seamed to be the ticket. Thanks again for all of your help!!!!

~Nick

fish

Remember Beginner's mode;

throttle given will make that plane CLIMB. so it is meant to climb without giving elevator, no throttle she'll glide to a landing, the Safe Technology does all the work for you. When you are in Intermediate and adjusted trim all around, leave ailerons alone, you'll find her flying about level. I keep a 1%down on the elevator, as I go into beginners I can go real slow leveled. Hope that made sense?

shiztec

The problem is thats all she wants to do is climb. I have to go full throttle back or throttle cut in order to get her down.

Capt_Beavis

Is it doing that in beginner mode or expect mode? If it is doing it in beginner mode you probably got a bad initialization or the gyros (if that is possible).

If you are in intermediate of expert mode you will need to do some mechanical trimming. Mine started down this after flying perfectly for weeks.

fish

The problem is thats all she wants to do is climb. I have to go full throttle back or throttle cut in order to get her down.

That is quite normal, in beginners mode and must be trimmed all out except airlons.

meantioned before.

Capt_Beavis

it can fly 7min easily. It can handle all the wind it can push through. We were flying in pretty windy conditions today. The SCS losses its aerobatic ability in wind but it is pretty stable. Really, I wouldn't have wanted to fly any of my planes in higher winds.

fish

cowl & motor mount needs attention used some stuff, and will see how good she flies again

notes to myself fish.slow site here

fish

Flite went good, not well, cam onboard, hardly lifted, due to gear had glue. flew some. returned taken all apart, and cleaned her up a nice scheduled maintenance is needed after this is 100%corrected. ready for a flite till the kids at park are at bay will fly another day

FISH

fish

So more small maintenance were done, all looks good and ready to go. It is great not to beading $$ to an almost 1 year old plane SWEET!