I'm a Shark!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Skip #2 and #3, go to #4 (section 4 of the fuse) and print it and then print the rudder plus rudder hinge which takes 2 minutes
Too late. :)

20200204_002737.jpg

The nozzle hit the print and ruined a lot of the super structure. Since it's structural, I can't really let that slide. I'm going to have to change a thing or two and reprint.

Meanwhile, I'll skip it and go to section #4. Why the priority? Are you afraid this is a game-ender?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well rudder is in, reprinted the rudder and stood it vertical with the hinge line/pins so they would be more round especially the top tiny little peg which is only 1mm in dia. Then I gave both pegs a thin coat of ca glue to add some strength. Their hinge piece is crap, I ended up using a servo arm and trimmed it down to fit.

2020_0205_115153_001.JPG
2020_0205_115206_002.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
So the control wire tubes are pretty flexible so when I glued on the next section of fuse I had wire in there already to guide them so they would glue into the right matching spots. I don't think I will take the wire out fear of the tubes not staying aligned.

Next we have the horizontal, one would think the 2 elevator pieces would be glued together but the hinge lines are at an angle and to me they would just bind hard. They both operate off of the same control wire so not sure how this will go. Where the elevator control wire exits it appears to be dead center of where the control horns are, will have to take some measurements. Horizontal itself looks to be an eyeball glue in, nothing there to align it.

2020_0205_142610_001.JPG
2020_0205_142622_002.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I tried four times to print the rudder and had four failures. I can't get the walls to print. It just prints stringing. My picture is too blurry to make out. If I can't get it solved, I'll post up a better pic and see if anyone has some ideas.

20200205_033133.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
I tried four times to print the rudder and had four failures. I can't get the walls to print. It just prints stringing. My picture is too blurry to make out. If I can't get it solved, I'll post up a better pic and see if anyone has some ideas.

View attachment 156900
Well for me just to get the pegs half assed round I stood the rudder vertical compared to the hinge line but I also used their print settings.
I have had in the past certain colors of filament from the same manufacturer print like crap compared to another color so you could try a different filament.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I have to ask, why all the gnomes and how many ?????????????????
My mother's great passion is making gnome/fairy villages. It's what she does. Her birthday is coming up on the 22nd, and I determined to make her a stock of gnome-stuff, so she can play and have fun, without fear of running out and waiting for me to make more.

20200206_020731.jpg

I've got many hours of printing and post processing in that box, and many more to go, before it is full. Her birthday is coming up quick, but I think I can finish before the deadline. :)

bracesport

Legendary member
It looks like you guys are having fun - I am not a fan of thin wall printing (on my machine) and opt to print solid models rather than surfaces, typically 0.8-1.0 walls with simplified internal structures - with this method I get next to no failures in PLA or ABS - so far they fly well so I don't think there is a weight penalty.

@buzzbomb - love the gnomes!

Wildthing

Legendary member
My mother's great passion is making gnome/fairy villages. It's what she does. Her birthday is coming up on the 22nd, and I determined to make her a stock of gnome-stuff, so she can play and have fun, without fear of running out and waiting for me to make more.

View attachment 156941

I've got many hours of printing and post processing in that box, and many more to go, before it is full. Her birthday is coming up quick, but I think I can finish before the deadline. :)
That is so cool

Wildthing

Legendary member
Wildthing I was curious if you are saving the profiles and mods and if you would be able to post some?
I saved some but not all and really it is their profiles. Here is my rudder G-code, small piece to try, this is where I stood it straight up before slicing.

Attachments

• rudder_v5.0.gcode
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Problems solved and I have a rudder!

20200207_040049.jpg

@Wildthing, you're right. That pin where the rudder meets the tail is pretty small. Not so much the diameter as the height. I'm going to have to see how the rest goes together. Of course, you're already there. ;)