Help! I'm new to rc and I want to get in to FPV to

FDS

Elite member
All FPV equipment operating on 5.8GhZ and under 50Mw is legal pretty much everywhere, if it’s not then wireless is a problem!
My advice would be to get a mini quad and a basic set of box goggles first, the Eachine E013 is a good choice, it is 25Mw so good for home indoor use.
I used Google to look at UAV rules for your country, it took 5 mins laws for UAV’s are here. There are other sites like Dronelaws EU that can help too.
Are you looking to fly fixed wing or multi rotor FPV? If you are considering fixed wing then learning to fly LOS (Line of Sight) is still needed, so the regular ways people do that are applicable.
If you are looking to fly multi rotor then there are a lot of videos on Youtube about learning FPV and the kit that works best. Be aware FPV drones and associated parts are expensive. There’s not really a “cheap” way into that.
Look on Facebook for local RC groups to you, do some web searches too. Leaning with others is always good and people often have surplus equipment to sell that might help you get started.

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
All FPV equipment operating on 5.8GhZ and under 50Mw is legal pretty much everywhere, if it’s not then wireless is a problem!
My advice would be to get a mini quad and a basic set of box goggles first, the Eachine E013 is a good choice, it is 25Mw so good for home indoor use.
I used Google to look at UAV rules for your country, it took 5 mins laws for UAV’s are here. There are other sites like Dronelaws EU that can help too.
Are you looking to fly fixed wing or multi rotor FPV? If you are considering fixed wing then learning to fly LOS (Line of Sight) is still needed, so the regular ways people do that are applicable.
If you are looking to fly multi rotor then there are a lot of videos on Youtube about learning FPV and the kit that works best. Be aware FPV drones and associated parts are expensive. There’s not really a “cheap” way into that.
Look on Facebook for local RC groups to you, do some web searches too. Leaning with others is always good and people often have surplus equipment to sell that might help you get started.

Also, check in Slovenia to see if you are required to have the European equivalent to a HAM radio license. Most FPV equipment requires it here in the United States, but I don't know about Slovenian law. A quick search on Google makes it look like there's a license for HAM radio (The English translation is not precise), but as to whether it is required for FPV equipment, I'm not sure.