It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

Holy crap!:LOL: more to think about! that thing is insane!

homer3.jpg

That's where I've been coming from this entire time!!

They go too fast for their own good. Now run that on snow. :ROFLMAO:

My exact words.......I'm surprised the boat held together!!

:eek::oops:o_O
I love fast boats, but all these are too fast for me. You can watch videos all day. Racing tunnel hulls, three point hydros, these outrigger designs. Looks like running one of these is like flying a 130 mph plane. If that's where you get your thrill, go crazy. I'd rather tone it down a bit.

But can you imagine the balancing act, if it wants to fly? Thrust angle, elevator centering, CG placement, stabilizer settings, expo... What have I gotten myself into?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
But can you imagine the balancing act, if it wants to fly? Thrust angle, aileron centering, stabilizer settings, expo... What have I gotten myself into?
I love fast boats, but all these are too fast for me. You can watch videos all day. Racing tunnel hulls, three point hydros, these outrigger designs. Looks like running one of these is like flying a 130 mph plane. If that's where you get your thrill, go crazy. I'd rather tone it down a bit.
Hmmmm.... What would happen at 130mph... If it hit a bump in the snow..... Fly boat, fly!! 😂😂

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That actually is the plan. I'm building elevons to run off a gyro for those lovely times if/when it decides to fly away.
So far, I have run the KickSkimmer straight up RC with no FC. Just adjusted the thrust angle and CG to get it to handle better. I've thought about putting the ESC into 3D mode so I can run reverse if it gets stuck up against something.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
THAT'S IT! MYSTERY SOLVED! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I though yours is steering mostly on differential? Or not yet?
Rudder, which I didn't notice broke off at some point last night :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. made some mods , taking it out for another spin , goes straight on the carpet with very little forward torque so I gotta go bash it some more :LOL:.All in the name of science :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. COG wasn't even on my radar, but amazing the difference a battery shift and a 7 gram weight makes. Backyard is pretty dark so I can't guarantee quality video but I'll let you know how it goes:unsure: