It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

Second run of the Ripper, needs a couple of mods still but its getting there. 850 3s was way too light for sure. Here's the video link for the video
Stealth mode again!
I would say first proper snow trials are a success! Well, up to the point of the first Curb Incident. :LOL: What an awesome project. That can be improved as far as you want to take it. It's so slippery, so maneuverable you've got to reign it in a bit.
I was afraid mine's gonna not want to steer at all at lower speeds because of how the hull is designed to cut into the fluffy stuff. Now I'm getting grateful it's designed that way. Wow.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Hello everyon! I have ”limited“ building skills (just maidend my scratch built mm mustang) and would like to know if I could participat. I have an old arrowscout motor but I need a 30 amp esc. I have a new orange rx and some servos. if i made a sled, what batt should I use? I’m thinking on building like a rounded off boat hull with pontoons (training wheels lol) and have a double rudder. Let me know! Hopefully it snow more than a millimeter lol!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hello everyon! I have ”limited“ building skills (just maidend my scratch built mm mustang) and would like to know if I could participat. I have an old arrowscout motor but I need a 30 amp esc. I have a new orange rx and some servos. if i made a sled, what batt should I use? I’m thinking on building like a rounded off boat hull with pontoons (training wheels lol) and have a double rudder. Let me know! Hopefully it snow more than a millimeter lol!
Anyone can join, and I'd probably use the smallest possible battery to reduce the weight, and therefore kinetic friction with the snow as much as possible. Maybe around a 650-950mah 3s for that power system to get long enough runs.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Anyone can join, and I'd probably use the smallest possible battery to reduce the weight, and therefore kinetic friction with the snow as much as possible. Maybe around a 650-950mah 3s for that power system to get long enough runs.
Ok thanks! I’ll try to get my grubby hands on some at a shop somewhere lol

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
If I did that I wouldn’t have a home anymore! I was doing some rolls last year in an old timber and nose dived. ( I wonder why???) the battery exploded and by the time I got to the scene of the crime, epp fumes filled the air with nothing left on the ground.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
If I did that I wouldn’t have a home anymore! I was doing some rolls last year in an old timber and nose dived. ( I wonder why???) the battery exploded and by the time I got to the scene of the crime, epp fumes filled the air with nothing left on the ground.
Good thing I don’t fly EPP planes🤣🤣🤣

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I also do some crazy stuff!! But I do it as safe as is possible!! Sand and fire extinguisher nearby just in case 🤣🤣🤣🤣