JamieE_M

Hello, I'm Jamie,
and I live in the southern area of the United Kingdom. :)
I am currently very interested in Rc aircraft and am trying my hardest to get started. The reason I find the subject of Rc flight interesting is because I want to become a pilot. I enjoy watching Flite Test videos and have made some really (I mean REALLY) bad attempts of building with foam board. I'm finding the search for all the necessary things to fly hard due to my lack of funding, and was hoping maybe somebody here would be happy to help in some way. I recently purchased an Air Hogs Rc Hornet, however much to my disgust, it doesn't fly very well and the aircraft uses a weird combination of the use of thrust to control pitch and l/r input to control differential thrust, resulting in a slightly flyable block of foam. The plane consists of two motors and some EPP foam melted together.

It is here that I wish to put together a shopping list of budget items that I will need to purchase. My aim is try try and keep the overall price under £30, however I don't think that much will fit within that boundary. So far I have nothing. Unless a damaged CD drive means anything to anyone?

I am also very intrigued by the idea of FPV. Upon watching the Flite test video (where they show you how to set up a small FPV camera), I immediately set out to do this. Sadly, the video's idea of cheap and my idea of cheap are very far apart. :C

Here Is A Photo Of My First Step Into Flight. (Yes It Did Fly :) )
DSC_0175[1].jpg

Anyway, thank you for taking your time to read this.
-Jamie. :)

Last edited:

JamieE_M

The list is quite small at the moment, but here is everything I have:

2.4GHz Transmitter (Four Channel) And Receiver(Six channel);
Four digital servos (3.7g);
And that's pretty much it, at the moment.
Not sure weather to fly powered or glider... For the powered I would need an ESC and BEC, right? I also would need a battery.
I really want to try building an aircraft but, I have never doe it before. Weather I purchase the speed-build kit or try with plans will probably be My next move. What would you recommend, and If I should buy foam and try with plans, what type of foam?

Here are links if anybody wants to purchase the same equipment :)
Transmitter + Reciever- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151500358339?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT (£20.25)

Servos X4 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251682411998?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT (£5.96)

brettp2004

I think you have your thread in the wrong section of the forum. You're in the "for sale or wanted" section so that may be why your not getting a lot of info. But that's ok, with the servos and tx/rx you have you could make an FT simple sorer, but you would need a bec to power your rx and servos. That shouldn't be to expensive. Then you could always upgrade to a powered version. Or you could start with the tiny trainer and get a small motor and esc. But then you need LiPos and a charger. You should be able to get what your need for a powered plane for under £40. Or close to it anyways. I hope this helps.

JamieE_M

Thanks :) For the unpowered glider, do I need a Bec for the servos? Or can I get away with just plugging them into the receiver?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Moved the thread, let's see if more people can help you in here :)