• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kadet Junior Night Flyer

Thanks for the advice. The paper is already off of this one, so I am going to keep moving forward as such. It was an experiment I wanted to try anyway. But I will keep it in mind for the next night flyer I build.
I was hoping that the graphics would create a dark area to aid with orientation. If I do need more, the wingtips will be open and I could add red and green lights there.
Removing the paper will also really help flight performance since it'll be so much lighter.

FlyingTyger

I was able to rearrange my storage racks to make room for it.
But it will be sitting there until I wrap up the current build challenges I am involved with.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I was able to rearrange my storage racks to make room for it.
But it will be sitting there until I wrap up the current build challenges I am involved with.
Ok cool...
I'm going to be starting on mine... Scaled down to 1m WS.. flaps... Ailerons.. little less dihedral.
Power pack C
2200 3s...
Bush wheels and a float set
Should be crazy fun

FlyingTyger

Little more done tonight during the ARCN build party. Tail is done and on. Since there is no paper on the foam, I stiffened them up with some basswood spars.
20220219_000100.jpg

I also test fit the motor and spinner. Overall I am happy with how it looks.
20220218_235538.jpg

20220218_235501.jpg

There is still some final sanding needed then I can give it a couple coats of Polycrylic and some trim graphics. Then we can hinge everything and mount the servos. I can see the end of the tunnel now.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Little more done tonight during the ARCN build party. Tail is done and on. Since there is no paper on the foam, I stiffened them up with some basswood spars.
View attachment 219426

I also test fit the motor and spinner. Overall I am happy with how it looks.
View attachment 219427
View attachment 219428

There is still some final sanding needed then I can give it a couple coats of Polycrylic and some trim graphics. Then we can hinge everything and mount the servos. I can see the end of the tunnel now.
She's looking amazing all right..

Excellent job... Nice chatting too

Finally getting back to work on this one. All the parts have finally been finished sanded and given at least 2 coats of WBPU.
20220705_114808.jpg

All the surfaces were hinged using DuBro (Blenderm) hinge tape.
20220705_210134.jpg

For the aileron servis, I thought I would try something new. I do not like the look of servos hanging out of the airframe. So I cut small panels that the servos have been glued to. Then I lined the ends of the openings with a small strip of foam to catch the servo panel.
20220705_205049.jpg

The servos were centered and the arms screwed on. They are offset slightly forward to give me a little bit of aileron differential.
20220705_213632.jpg

Finally the wires were chased through the wing and the panels were glued in place using clear (non-foaming) gorilla glue. A little bit of extra work, but a far cleaner look.
20220705_214038.jpg

Finally getting back to work on this one. All the parts have finally been finished sanded and given at least 2 coats of WBPU.
View attachment 228096

All the surfaces were hinged using DuBro (Blenderm) hinge tape.
View attachment 228097

For the aileron servis, I thought I would try something new. I do not like the look of servos hanging out of the airframe. So I cut small panels that the servos have been glued to. Then I lined the ends of the openings with a small strip of foam to catch the servo panel.
View attachment 228099

The servos were centered and the arms screwed on. They are offset slightly forward to give me a little bit of aileron differential.
View attachment 228100

Finally the wires were chased through the wing and the panels were glued in place using clear (non-foaming) gorilla glue. A little bit of extra work, but a far cleaner look.
View attachment 228098
Wow this is looking to be a very very clean bud 👏👏.
Very cool Tony!