FDM Bandito - DTFB Conversion of the Viejo

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Ok, now THAT is just too cool. It needs a tricycle landing gear & a cool paint job. Plz tell me it flies??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Attachments

• 383074_980aaeebe6c49d856f0cd1b997b8b3b4.png
    383074_980aaeebe6c49d856f0cd1b997b8b3b4.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 0

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Well foamy, I haven’t done as much building as I should have as of the past year or so, but I think I’m going to give this a shot and see if I can’t get this working as you intended. I’ll let you know how it goes this week hopefully.
I hate to see such a talented community member as yourself down in the dumps like that, we don’t want to lose you 😉.
Thank you @Paracodespoder for the support and kind words. If you lose me it will be to Full Scale Piloting, due to time. (likely i'd be building
I would love to see if the plans translate to others well. My method is atrocious for getting a plane finished. But the building new things and ideas tend to help get my hobby outlook back up. Take this weekend, I had very mixed results. 1/2 Flew, and it was a blast. The other half didn't get of the ground for long. some in spectacular ways. (without footage :( ).

@Baron VonHelton Working currently on the Servo installation. It glides quite well. I have to be careful, not to fall in love. 2nd hand kits are available... likely wrought with issues.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Well sadly I probably won’t be able to do any work on this for a while, the laptop I usually use to print has decided to die. The other laptop I use cannot run Adobe, so this will have to wait until ye olden laptop is back up and running.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
It would be great to see if the plans translate well to others. I have a terrible method for finishing a plane. But building new things and ideas tends to help get my hobby outlook back up. Take this weekend, I had very mixed results. 1/2 Flew, and it was a blast. The other half didn't get off the ground for long. some in spectacular ways.
Ellen, did you design the Balsa Version of this, The Viejo?
Or are you referring to the other inspirations. I should say at this point, the Bandito is fully operational, but this chicken just hasn't remaidened again, and is afraid. (atm)