• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lazy Bee 2020

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
She flies!

Needs a little more nose weight, a smaller prop (she's overpowered for sure) and a day when the wind isn't gusting so much for me to get a good feel for flying her. But she's certainly a keeper :)

I also think it's a little funny that I started out making a timelapse build video and then completely forgot about doing that until I had shot the maiden video, loaded it up for editing, and found the project already started. :ROFLMAO:

speedbirdted

I've done that a few times with the time lapse. I get like maybe the basic construction filmed and then completely forget about it until after the maiden flight. One of these days I'll remember and get a whole video published...

Maiden looked good though. A guy local to me has a couple of NIB kits for sale. Real tempted to get one...

The Hangar

Mentor
She flies!

Needs a little more nose weight, a smaller prop (she's overpowered for sure) and a day when the wind isn't gusting so much for me to get a good feel for flying her. But she's certainly a keeper :)

I also think it's a little funny that I started out making a timelapse build video and then completely forgot about doing that until I had shot the maiden video, loaded it up for editing, and found the project already started. :ROFLMAO:
Congrats on the successful maiden, it looks awesome in the air!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've done that a few times with the time lapse. I get like maybe the basic construction filmed and then completely forget about it until after the maiden flight. One of these days I'll remember and get a whole video published...

Maiden looked good though. A guy local to me has a couple of NIB kits for sale. Real tempted to get one...
Kits for sale? Buy them up! :)

Congrats on the successful maiden, it looks awesome in the air!
Thanks!

@rockyboy - awesome - now you can build a 300% version! :)
If I only had a trailer to transport one like that... *sigh*

It took off, it flew and it missed the fence on the landing! No glue needed. Congratulations on a successful maiden flight.
Very true - no glue needed and ready to fly again - can't ask for more than that! :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Kits for sale? Buy them up! :)

Thanks!

If I only had a trailer to transport one like that... *sigh*

Very true - no glue needed and ready to fly again - can't ask for more than that! :)
Noticed the Beatles were not able to make their departure times. Care to comment? Are they breaking up? Are there personality clashes happening? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Quinnyperks

I was looking at that one for a while too (and some of their Baby Pattern Planes)- how's the quality of the kit look?

Yes you do, and yes it is! :)

So here's a copy of that neat hand-drawn and manually type set instruction manual I mentioned - it's a fun work of art!

View attachment 181893

And here's the step I'm working on now...
View attachment 181894

Last night I did get the rudder and elevator laminations clamped up to dry. All three of these will be ready to glue today, and then I'll need to do another wing tip for the other side.
View attachment 181895
I have the original Manuals in yellow.

Attachments