ItMightFly

Hey guys! So I have (on accident) bought a SPRacing F3 clone board, and it is very unreliable, very... Ive been looking around the web for a cheap, but realiable, Beta-flight board. I have found a bunch, but very few support Spektrum. The one I found (https://www.getfpv.com/f4-advanced-flight-controller.html) supports it all, but it is cheap. I've gotten kinda scared of cheap products, as they are usually cheap in quality. But, I have a tight budget.

Any suggestions on a good FC? I would also be okay with an FC that is also a PDB, any ideas? Also, it would be really cool to have an OSD on a board, I have never had one, but I think it would be very helpful!

Thanks guys! Y'all are the best RC community ever!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Pretty much every FC supports Spektrum, I actually can't think of one that doesn't. Why do you think they aren't compatible?

ItMightFly

Pretty much every FC supports Spektrum, I actually can't think of one that doesn't. Why do you think they aren't compatible?

I'm not sure if they are compatible... I'm not too familiar with how FCs work, but if it doesn't say stuff like "3.3v output" and "DSMX" or "Spektrum Satellite" in the description, then I tend to think that they would not work with my setup.

So, all controllers work with Spektrum? I would love to learn more on the subject.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
28061176_10100342509166383_1913768325569611920_o.jpg

Your spektrum would go to RX2 or RX4. FC specifically have sbus pads because those are inverted signals.

A great, inexpensive fc with built in pdb would be the CL Racing F4/F4S or Bardwell F4.

1525322303122.jpg

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm not sure if they are compatible... I'm not too familiar with how FCs work, but if it doesn't say stuff like "3.3v output" and "DSMX" or "Spektrum Satellite" in the description, then I tend to think that they would not work with my setup.

So, all controllers work with Spektrum? I would love to learn more on the subject.

The only thing unique about Spektrum is the 3.3v requirement. All FC's have a 3.3v regulator because the STM chips run on 3.3v. Spektrum is pretty popular, it wouldn't make sense to not break it out somewhere on the board.