Make it cheap? Make it FREE! (challenge)

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
There aren't any contests going on right now and I've been wondering why not? I know the Holiday contest didn't work out very well. The Franken-plane one did okay. But I'm not letting that get me down.

However, this isn't going to be a contest. No voting. No winner. I'm calling it a challenge. Or a dare. Let's call it a dare.

I dare you to build an airframe for free. Whether you get the materials donated to you, you find them on the side of the road, or you dig them out of your trash/recycle bin. I figure, everybody loves cheap, but free is better.

I know, I know. Many people already do this. Some build out of the foam that comes with their hamburger. Some build out of cardboard. Some use plastic bottles for canopies and cowls. But not everyone has tried it (including myself).

So, let's see it. Let's see you build an entire airframe out of materials you got for free. We won't count glue, tape, or rubber bands. Let's even say that a plane you're about to throw away counts as free. As long as you use parts of it, not just fix it. But who throws away fixable planes?

vk2dxn

I have a half built mugi made from corflute sourced from an old house for sale sign.
It may be cheating because it's half finished lol

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I have several "rolls" of corflute that were protection for rolls of communications fiber at the phone company I used to work for.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

I found two complete airframes in the trash a few years ago. Flew the heck out of one of them until a kid crashed it. Still have the other hanging in the basement.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I have a half built mugi made from corflute sourced from an old house for sale sign.
It may be cheating because it's half finished lol

Pfft. That's not cheating. I know a lot of people already build for free, I just want to encourage others to do so. Plus it would be nice to have one thread with a bunch of pictures of what people build out of "trash".

This challenge doesn't really have any rules.

c172ae

Pro plane crasher
does this count? It has servos found on a "road kill" aircraft, wing and tail from a plane I crashed (and caught on fire upon impact), Battery and ESC from an old heli I crashed 3 years ago, the only thing holding it together is packaging tape, hot glue, zeeep-ties, some string and a bit of a pencil. it is possible to hi-start it, and it has a release mechanism for aero towing.

pringles!!!.jpg