• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Making my own foamboard

Matthewdupreez

Wow, nice!

What parameters do you plan on trying?

I suggest trying multiple glues and trying with and without sanding the plastic surface.
so my foam I'm cutting is about 50cm wide by 2m long and the plastic will fit on that perfectly so those sort of parameters are what I'm looking at, and I cut my foam about 3-4 mm thick. ill probably use wood glue on one and normal homemade glue on another and sanding as you suggested, ill basically carry out a science experiment

so my foam I'm cutting is about 50cm wide by 2m long and the plastic will fit on that perfectly so those sort of parameters are what I'm looking at, and I cut my foam about 3-4 mm thick. ill probably use wood glue on one and normal homemade glue on another and sanding as you suggested, ill basically carry out a science experiment
This weekend, I will try to track some 0.1mm or 0.2 mm acetate plastic down and try against depapered DTFB. I don't have a rig to measure strength, but I can do a qualitative assessment and measure weight