Votes: 7 20.0%
  • German

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Swedish

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Between your HE 115 and @Bavarian_RC ME 410 there are two axis twins that would be cool to build. Yours with floats would work good for the winter snow up here north of the 49th.

What would be the power system you are using for this hot rod?

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Between your HE 115 and @Bavarian_RC ME 410 there are two axis twins that would be cool to build. Yours with floats would work good for the winter snow up here north of the 49th.

Twin C pack or B pack (if it isn't underpowered) or anything the same size. If you've seen any of the larger master series, like the p-47, that's the scale it will be on.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member

All the underappreciated German warbirds actually look great, unlike the ugly lesser-known allied planes (which still got the job done)

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
I'm hoping to make a master series Su-30 over the winter using Fusion
Starting with a jet such su-30 will be an extreme challenge I can promise you. I have been playing around with a twin 70mm su-27 in fusion which is basically same as su-30 but without canards. It is a tough plane to design in my opinion

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
+1 for me too-I wanna see how you unwrap bodies that actually have thickness, as compared to just skins

For flat surfaces, the process is a little different. You can just export the shape of the surface as a DXF or vector graphic. It doesn't automatically add where you have to make a cavity for the A and B folds, but that can be done easily in Autocad or Inkscape (I will also be showing that part so don't worry)

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
The formers for the floats are done.

I couldn't do that much on the plane because I have exams tomorrow.
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.16.19 AM.png

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Floats are done. For mine, I'm going to 3d print them or use pink foam because these are really tricky to make. A lot of the parts have concave curves, like on the master series wing fillets. If you want, I could make a simpler, but less scale version of the floats. If you do, just say so.
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.12.24 AM.png

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Floats are done. For mine, I'm going to 3d print them or use pink foam because these are really tricky to make. A lot of the parts have concave curves, like on the master series wing fillets. If you want, I could make a simpler, but less scale version of the floats. If you do, just say so.
View attachment 183566
Those look great!! Making concave curves like that isn't super hard I could walk you through a couple processes I know of if you'd like

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
**Disclaimer**

Our family is going on a big road trip while remote learning, and have been for a while now, so I have to design something smaller with a removable wing, so I'm going to make a bf-109. I will still continue to work on this project, and I will put up plans, and also refine those plans based on if anyone who builds this is having any problems and cad simulations, I will just have to wait a couple more months until I can build it myself. Obviously if the bf-109 build goes quickly, like I'm hoping, then I'll start work on actually building this one, but if not, then I will have a half completed he-115 at my grandma's house. (it would be annoying having to make a new one back at my house.)

I WILL work on the plane and release the plans as intended, but I won't get to build it myself, so if any of you builds it, you'd be building an untested plane (it'll probably still fly great, like most of these do)