Votes: 7 20.0%
  • German

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Swedish

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Ugh.. this is the worst part.. I have to copy the picture of the plans and crop it to the size of a former for each former I want to mode. It's ok though, after awhile It starts speeding up.

Anyway, the floats will be here soon (but not that soon)

I'll leave that cryptic.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
The pictures for the floats are in.

In the picture you can really see the shape of the floats even thought it's just a bunch of pictures.
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.36.09 PM.png

For now, I'm going to model one float in the middle, then move it and mirror it.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
You could have made just one sketch on one canvas and then copy paste all the formers to each offset sketch. Way easier and faster that way. Good progress though

Darn! I didn't think of that!

Although this way I can have all of the formers in a straight line, which is helpful when sketching the next one.

Bavarian_RC

Elite member
It‘s really a blast seeing how quickly you learn by doing... I wish my old brain would do like that :ROFLMAO: on my next design I will dig deeper into Fusion. Can‘t wait to see how you will flatten the skins in the end. Did some trials earlier this year and failed on that part.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
It‘s really a blast seeing how quickly you learn by doing... I wish my old brain would do like that :ROFLMAO: on my next design I will dig deeper into Fusion. Can‘t wait to see how you will flatten the skins in the end. Did some trials earlier this year and failed on that part.

Thanks! I'm not new to 3d though. I have years of experience in Blender, and all I had to do was to learn how to do the things I've been doing in blender in Fusion, even though they are totally different programs. And I'm jealous of how you were able to get out and build so fast! (I blame it on not having any foam yet, but i still feel an urge to cad every little bit instead of winging it.)

After I learn to make skins, an you might know, I'll be making a tutorial series on how to do it, and soon there will be a lot more people that can build these planes.

Bavarian_RC

Elite member
Thanks! I'm not new to 3d though. I have years of experience in Blender, and all I had to do was to learn how to do the things I've been doing in blender in Fusion, even though they are totally different programs. And I'm jealous of how you were able to get out and build so fast! (I blame it on not having any foam yet, but i still feel an urge to cad every little bit instead of winging it.)

After I learn to make skins, an you might know, I'll be making a tutorial series on how to do it, and soon there will be a lot more people that can build these planes.
Such a tutorial is what I‘ve been waiting for! There are many tutorials for Fusion but nothing that is focused on our needs. (y)(y)(y)

Flyingshark

Master member
I'd been looking for something like this for a long time, but i guess I'll just have to make it myself.
You know, doing it yourself it probably the best way to ensure quality. :)

I'm hoping to make a master series Su-30 over the winter using Fusion and maybe also a semi-master series Searey LSX. Those projects have been on the back burner for a while, and it's just my inability to CAD an airplane that's stopping me. I'm eagerly anticipating your tutorial! :D

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
You know, doing it yourself it probably the best way to ensure quality. :)

I'm hoping to make a master series Su-30 over the winter using Fusion and maybe also a semi-master series Searey LSX. Those projects have been on the back burner for a while, and it's just my inability to CAD an airplane that's stopping me. I'm eagerly anticipating your tutorial! :D

Thanks! The su 30 looks like a great jet to model.