• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MiG-21 70mm EDF

jpot1

@Zephyr1 - do you now the weight of this? As well as the weight of your EDF? Thinking about going pusher as I have no EDF's and trying to see if I could use an F pack motor.

Zephyr1

@Zephyr1 - do you now the weight of this? As well as the weight of your EDF? Thinking about going pusher as I have no EDF's and trying to see if I could use an F pack motor.
So the all up weight was 770g with a 2650 4S. The EDF I used weighed 120g. But the wing loading is relatively low as is. So it could work.

jpot1

So the all up weight was 770g with a 2650 4S. The EDF I used weighed 120g. But the wing loading is relatively low as is. So it could work.
Thanks! F pack may be too little but I gave a 2200kv Turnigy that puts out 850 g of thrust. It weighs 50g and my 3s battery would save me as well so I think I’ll be good!

Zephyr1

Thanks! F pack may be too little but I gave a 2200kv Turnigy that puts out 850 g of thrust. It weighs 50g and my 3s battery would save me as well so I think I’ll be good!
Nice! I don’t think weight is the issue, you might have to modify the elevators though, that would be the big thing I’d be worried about. Will you be taking my advice and including ailerons?

jpot1

Yeah was figuring I’d have to shift the elevators about 1” forward for prop clearance.

Does this need the ailerons? I though you indicated elevons only? Also where did you splice the fuse together since it’s too long for a single sheet?

Last edited:

Zephyr1

Yeah was figuring I’d have to shift the elevators about 1” forward for prop clearance.

Does this need the ailerons? I though you indicated elevons only? Also where did you splice the fuse together since it’s too long for a single sheet?
Shifting them forward sounds like a good idea. I think it needs ailerons, the elevons weren’t enough maneuverability for me lol.
I spliced it together near the the nose, thinking more weight in the nose was preferable.