• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mini Edge 540 Build

mayan

So here is an update about my progress with this project. Each time I go to the field I take this plane, I crash it every time but the fixes so far have been very minor. I need a bit more practice before I build the final version, but if you want to build it you can; with a C pack motor, a 9x4.7 prop, a 30A+ ESC balancing with 3S 1000mah-1600mah batteries it makes a great flyer.

I hope to finish this project soon.

mayan

Tomorrow I plan on maidening the new Mini Edge and made a few changes on the setup. I made all three holes of the servo arms wide enough for the push rods. Made a modified z bend and tuned the start up position on the bottom hole the one closest to the gear. Let’s see how it goes :). Worse case worse I can tune it at the field.

mayan

The maiden of the new mini Edge went so so and not b/c the plane didn’t fly but because I was having a hard time controlling the plane with no expos setup. I plan to maiden it again over the weekend so I’ll be able to try fix that with the push rods position on the control horns and servo arms.

Anyhow I plan on posting a summary post of this experience giving you all the information that I can for you to be able to build one too :).

More soon...