Motor Mounting

FPVWannabe

Ok, so i am building a Lumenier QAV-R, the frame is 4mm thick, the motors im using come with 5mm screws. is that long enough? is 1mm enough? or should i buy longer? how much space is there before i screw into the stator? Im using the Lumenier 2206 2350kv motors

Thanks everyone for the help!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
The general rule we always followed in the Navy was to not accept anything less than 2 full turns once it starts threading in. So I wouldn't go below that. As for how long can it be without hitting windings you might be able see the clearance if you very gently screw in the screw while watching it thread in. If you feel resistance or see it getting close to the windings you should evaluate if the frame will keep that from happening.

Take care doing this. It's worth it to take your time and even replace any wrong sized screws. Screws are cheap; motors not so much.
image.jpg image.jpg

Looking at the motors I putting on my tricopter, anything longer than 5mm fromthe point it start to catch threads and I'll be gouging into the windings. If it's too long, another option would be to cut it to the desired length with a dremel.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Be sure to update us all on the progress, the successes, and even the failures. And remember, around here we like pix too. A common saying you'll find, "Photos or it never happened.":cool: