Mounting props on a FT Radial?

Luke1229

So with my Power Pack C, I got the FT radial, 2 props, a nut, and those 2 plastic sheets with what look like plastic washers on them;
20200802_193631.jpg

I'm wondering how I can mount the prop to the shaft without the prop coming loose (as it already has, during a test run up of the motor).

leaded50

Legendary member
first, check you set the prop with numbers on it, forward. Then check if your motor rotate CCW, then it shouldnt get loose if your used the "round plastic washer to fit inside your prop and on your motoraxle.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think I see what may be part of the issue. Look at the base of the shaft at the bell. That is not wide enough to cover the hub and looks to be perfect for the prop spacer to rest on. If the grip is on the spacer and not the actual prop that leaves only the nut to hold the prop. Try using a thin washer behind the prop so that pressure gets transferred to the prop hub better.

Cranking on the nut too hard will either strip threads. Move the shaft inside the bell as it is only press fit. Or in the case of certain props stress the prop hub leaving you vulnerable to shattering.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
This is my Radial C pusher setup. Just tightened the nut. Just one spacer in the prop, and no extra spacer needed.
IMG_20200613_174119350.jpg

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I wonder if the op's prop hub is slightly thinner then and he simply ran out of thread on the shaft to get it tight enough.