Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Eric, amazing platform !!
Great job and great flying skills.
I am still sorting our how to make turns without crashing ;-)
I like the way you mounted the gopro in order to set the CoG right.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Eric, amazing platform !!Great job and great flying skills.I am still sorting our how to make turns without crashing ;-)I like the way you mounted the gopro in order to set the CoG right.
I think the battery is actually mounted far back to counter for the Gopro weight!

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Eric, amazing platform !!
Great job and great flying skills.
I am still sorting our how to make turns without crashing ;-)
I like the way you mounted the gopro in order to set the CoG right.

Hey burg! Thanks man, I am loving this new setup.....the way it looks and the way it flys....def gonna keep this as my final tricopter design. Only thing I might do is go to different motors so I can run a 4cell lipo. As far as flying goes, it def takes lots of time in the air....just keep at it.....you'll get there. ;). I mounted the gopro that far forward in order to get the props completely out of the shot, no one wants those in their vids. Which actually made it nose heavy a bit......

I think the battery is actually mounted far back to counter for the Gopro weight!

So Colorex, you are correct :) I mounted the battery back there in order to offset the weight of the gopro up front. Flies with only one click of trim to correct pitch. ;)

Will put more vids up soon.

Cheers!

Eric

bikerboy

Eric, smooth flying and good tricopter build!

That's a fine example of what tricopter flying is all about, something I can't wait to try for myself as soon as my motors get here :)

Thanks for sharing!
Romeo

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Eric, smooth flying and good tricopter build!

That's a fine example of what tricopter flying is all about, something I can't wait to try for myself as soon as my motors get here :)

Thanks for sharing!
Romeo

No prob! glad you enjoyed it......and thanks for the kind words! :) Make sure you post vids sons as you get one in the air.

Eric

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
;)

Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 10.19.15 PM.png

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This just makes me smile ;) you're awesome colorex!

ric

Let me recap:

- The buzzing of the motors is just perfect, no screeching, just a nice hum - and it blends into the music in the beginning.
- Your anti-vibration platform is most awesome.
- Your three-layer body inspired me to design a new frame myself.
- You are awesome too.

Here. Take this digital image.

Awesomeness+seal.gif

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Let me recap:

- The buzzing of the motors is just perfect, no screeching, just a nice hum - and it blends into the music in the beginning.
- Your anti-vibration platform is most awesome.
- Your three-layer body inspired me to design a new frame myself.
- You are awesome too.

Here. Take this digital image.

View attachment 3613

THANKS BRO! you have made me an official award-winning tri-copter designer. ;) You are truly one of the good ones!

Eric

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
I love that photo Eric ! Great quality. Gives a perfect view on the design. Whish I had more spare time, so I could make one similar. Fantastic how you made that gopro support. Mark.

voipmonkey

well Eric you did it again :) Nice Tri !!!
i have been bashing around ideas for legs for my Quad/Tri and i think your solution here is slick. I have some aluminium tube left and some ply so i am going to try and create the T type brackets you use.
Any chance of some better pics and maybe some dimensions? (The angle would be good! why not 90 degrees?)
You inspired me to start building these things and now I have a Tri and a quad and a very slick Multiwii board which is awesome :)
just need some good weather :(
keep it up bud
Mark

Oh some more detailed pics of the new frame and set-up would be good too ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hey Eric, Just got a wild idea - How about adding one of those anti-vibration things to each motor arm? So that the control board will be dampened as well?

Johntra

Hey Eric, what did you make the main body of? Is it just painted balsa ply or did you use something else?