• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need a demonstration of a VTX antenna

Thorondor

Does anybody have any information on how well the TrueRC Singularity antenna works on a VTX in the 25-50 mW range, preferably in video form? I'd like to know just how much of an improvement it would be to my current dipole antenna on my Mobula7.

Thorondor

The main improvement you will see is a reduction in multipath interference from the circular polarization. The gain is very similar, I wouldn't expect much of a range increase.
So the only thing that would change is a decrease in interference? I was worried I would get a range drop or something.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
So the only thing that would change is a decrease in interference? I was worried I would get a range drop or something.
Multipath interference is caused by signals bouncing off of reflective objects like walls, and arriving at the Rx at different times. Circular polarization (CP) removes quite a lot of that, but in open areas you won't notice a difference. If you are using a CP Rx antenna, you actually will see a bit of range increase by moving to a CP Tx antenna, just make sure they match right hand or left hand.

Thorondor

Multipath interference is caused by signals bouncing off of reflective objects like walls, and arriving at the Rx at different times. Circular polarization (CP) removes quite a lot of that, but in open areas you won't notice a difference. If you are using a CP Rx antenna, you actually will see a bit of range increase by moving to a CP Tx antenna, just make sure they match right hand or left hand.
On that note, will my range increase if I use a dipole antenna on both the receiver and transmitter? Right now I have a CP on my goggles and a dipole on my VTX.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor