Help! Need help in designs

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
And that hardly feels like "doing research"! If you're really interested in the hobby then you're really interested in reading about it, watching videos about it, collecting photos of plane designs, reading the forum...
Instead of being smarter than everybody else you should be interested in reviewing how others are doing it successfully. Then you learned a technique, now you own it. Instead of experiencing failure after failure because you're doing it wrong.

Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different.

And if I might add: Dumb poets try to reinvent it all themselves without any idea idea what's been done before them.
Also @Monte.C I really thank you for all the help, but unless I am determined to make one thing work, the research does not stay in my head! the advice that is small, does though

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello everyone, I need your hep again. I was launching my snow skimmer when one of my screw just ripped out of the motor. since my motor is glued to a 1inch thick block of foam, I cannot access the screws. what should I do? I am using an emax eco 2207

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Hello everyone, I need your hep again. I was launching my snow skimmer when one of my screw just ripped out of the motor. since my motor is glued to a 1inch thick block of foam, I cannot access the screws. what should I do? I am using an emax eco 2207
How many are left?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

not assemble in the future in a way that blocks access to the bolts & use lock tight (the removable type) when installing motors. (IE learn for the future, your current situation doesn't give you many options for improving it, outside of rebuilding it.)

If you have a hot wire needle, you might be able to open up holes to the screws without dissembling everything

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
not assemble in the future in a way that blocks access to the bolts & use lock tight (the removable type) when installing motors. (IE learn for the future, your current situation doesn't give you many options for improving it, outside of rebuilding it.)

If you have a hot wire needle, you might be able to open up holes to the screws without dissembling everything
I do not, but I would be happy to make one if I knew how (the hotwire needle)

Phin G

Elite member
I do not, but I would be happy to make one if I knew how (the hotwire needle)
To make the hot wire needle you just connect a switch and a battery to a thin wire like the one used for pushrods. It is quite simple but it is hard to make the heat resistant handle. I have drawn a wiring diagram for a wire cutter then a needle version
image.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
not every wire will work though! it needs to have a certain resistance, so I do not know which wire to use for a foam cutting needle, and do nto want to ruin my soddering iron. also, I have an adjustable power supply up to 20 volts, so I am not sure how many to use

Last edited:

Timmy

Legendary member
You need nychrome (I think thats how you spell it) wire. Regular wire won't heat up. Well it will...but...you know.

Pieliker96

Elite member

Stab the block of foam with the screwdriver round about where you think the screw is and poke around until you find it, then unscrew it. Should leave some small entry holes that can be filled fairly easily. Not the most elegant solution, but it'll get the job done.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Stab the block of foam with the screwdriver round about where you think the screw is and poke around until you find it, then unscrew it. Should leave some small entry holes that can be filled fairly easily.
i will try. I plan on using a sodderiing iron on cleaning it out first, but the problem is that I cannot stand the smell. what should I do?

i will try. I plan on using a sodderiing iron on cleaning it out first, but the problem is that I cannot stand the smell. what should I do?
Stab the block of foam with the screwdriver round about where you think the screw is and poke around until you find it, then unscrew it. Should leave some small entry holes that can be filled fairly easily. Not the most elegant solution, but it'll get the job done.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I just used my pliers and poked through to get to the screws. 20210225_165121.jpg I do not know what to place in between the ply motor mount and the foam blok that is thin and can replae the surface area strentgth of the foam I removed near the motor mount

Last edited: