Need suggestions for a scratchbuild for a 700KV motor.

stufflda

Hello Everyone,

I have a 700KV motor that flies great with an 11" or a 10" prop. I tried this on the Swappables Nutball, and after I got control of it (barrel rolling from to much torque) it did fly great. The problem is I can't see that my 10 year old son could recover from the crazy results of the torque.

I would like to scratch build him something with that motor, but most of the plans I am seeing out there are built around a 1300KV.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a plan (or how to modify one of the Swappables) that would work well as a slow flyer / trainer?

Thanks so much for your help. I am looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

By the way Flite Test team, WELL DONE!!! You guys are amazing! I love the fact that I can watch your videos with my kids and not worry for a second about inappropriate content. We sit around the computer watching, laughing and learning!

Dave.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hi there.

Even though a 1300kv ish motor is suggested you can certainly fly with lower. The FT Spitfire would work just fine and is a very stable, slow flying bird, assuming your motor can put out 500g or so of thrust with that 11" prop you should be able to fly fine. It won't be a fast plane at all, but should work. FT is also releasing the Storch next week and it is supposed to be a great trainer.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?11129-The-Simple-Storch-is-coming!

stufflda

Nerdnic,

Thanks so much for your reply! The Spitfire is one of the swappables that I haven't had a chance to look at. I think it is a great suggestion and have already started on it. My son is excited to give it a try. It will be a lot of fun building it together with him. I will keep an eye out for the Storch too.

Thanks!