New scratch built, the R8 (still has to be named)

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
So, yesterday I built another plane. It took me about 3 hours but I already have the tail and wing, I made it to carry fpv stuff but my fpv stuff will probably go into a flying wing.

Here is the photo album of the making

Today I went to fly it and it didn't go that well, I had both ailerons and elevator at 70% but it was very touchy and sloppy, maybe it was stalled the whole time but I can't really find what caused it to not fly that well

If you have suggestions I woudl really like it, im still gonna try to fly it when I can

philgabanski

Hard to see as the camera shakes a lot, but at a guess it looks kind of tail heavy. Where is your center of gravity? Put your fingers about 1/2 to 1/3 of the way back from the leading edge and try to balance the plane on your finger tips. if it falls backward, its tail heavy and will need more weight in the nose. if it falls forward then I'm not to sure. The only other thing I could suggest is more vertical stabilizer surface area, the V section of the tail is very flat. Def seems to have enough power.
Just keep trying. Good luck!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The CG is good, it is about 7cm back of the leading edge and for the tail I don't know, I used it on another aircraft with the same wing.

SportyModder

What is your wing incidence compared to your tail?

I had a similar issue that turned out the leading edge of the wing was 3/8" below the trailing edge. I generally lift the leading edge of my scratch builds 1/8" per 8" or so of chord

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Good question, I have no tools to measure that but it looks liek the tail is pointing down a bit so it would make it want to pitch up.
I will go at a flying field this week so I can try it more and stuff but I think I just stalled it in the video.