• F102 Dagger

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Mig i-320

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A7 Corsair

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

SSgt Duramax

What should my next jet design be? It is going to be a single engined 70mm EDF. I am trying to do jets that are undermodeled, still cool, yet simple. I have kind of come to these ideas.

F4D Skyray
Mig i320
F-102
F-84
A7 Corsair

I am kind of leaning toward the Skyray personally. Is there one anyone has been itching to get?

OliverW

Legendary member
What should my next jet design be? It is going to be a single engined 70mm EDF. I am trying to do jets that are undermodeled, still cool, yet simple. I have kind of come to these ideas.

F4D Skyray
Mig i320
F-102
F-84
A7 Corsair

I am kind of leaning toward the Skyray personally. Is there one anyone has been itching to get?
Absolutely the skyray. It's one of my favorite jets. Love the skyray and cutlass

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member

F4D Skyray
Mig i320
F-102
F-84
A7 Corsair

Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star, not on your list but an awesome plane

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

F4D Skyray
Mig i320
F-102
F-84
A7 Corsair

also not on your list, but a f107a would look amazing personally, with its humpback design it would be unique on the airfield.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
My vote would be for the Gripen as it would be mechanical simple and have a light wing loading.
How complex it would be electronics wise would depend on whether or not you made the canard active.

jpot1

Elite member
I’ll vote for the skyray and I happen to have a 70mm edf looking for a home. Built one as a pusher prop a long time ago and it flew great.

B9D70D0A-1777-472B-9479-9B251F691B23.jpeg

Aslansmonkey

I've always been a fan of the corsair but the skyray is a close second.

And I have a 70mm edf just waiting for a body too.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Even if I dont do the F84 first, i eventually will, I want to do the thunderscreech version as well. The A7 is on the list too. @Ratcheeroo i hadnt thought about the t33/p80 but i bet that would be an easy flyer as well!
That was my thinking, more conventional control surfaces and something where you wouldn't have to be on the throttle the whole time and maybe squeeze a bit more flight time out of it

SSgt Duramax

That was my thinking, more conventional control surfaces and something where you wouldn't have to be on the throttle the whole time and maybe squeeze a bit more flight time out of it
I definitely like those planes. I bet I would have to scale the inlets up to feed the fan. A lot of the earlier fighters are really good looking planes and that is one of them

SSgt Duramax

I have the skyray mostly drawn up in prototype form.

My next jet, I am still torn. I do like the F-84, but I am a little sad that no one voted for the F102/106. Kind of one of my favorite planes, the first one that could super cruise if I am not mistaken. Good news, there was a mistake and I have 3 70mm EDFs, so looks like I can bring them all to fruition eventually.

They don't make em like this anymore. That is kind of the epitome of 60's cold war badassness if you ask me.

convair_f-106a_usaf_59-0023_amcm14_01.jpg

I have to get my mig flying first.