Next Holiday Contest

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Checker, I really thought you would have had more competition. Maybe you scared them off with your superb rendition of a classic. Anyway, Congratulations again on the win! You earned it, competition or not!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The Halloween Franken-plane contest got a few entries. I think this one didn't turn out because people had plenty of time so they waited too long and then the holidays got too busy. I know that's what happened to me. Well, for me it was mostly a weather thing. By the time I was going to get started the weather seemed to constantly be bad. I didn't want to make something and then try to squeeze in a decent flight when the weather was decent.

I'm thinking of starting the next contest, but I would do it more of a challenge than a contest. That way there isn't a deadline and no winners, but rather something that sounds like fun and is challenging. Yet something cheap. I'm thinking build an airframe for free. I'm sure most people would use recycled cardboard. But I'm hoping for some pop bottle planes. I know some people do stuff like this already. But I think it could be fun.