nnChipmunk v2

jpot1

Elite member
With the basic wing if I am only interested in a slower flying plane, is the basswood spar required?

jpot1

Elite member
You might be okay, I've just never tested it.

What electronics will you be using?

I was going to use a Turnigy d2836/8 1100kv motor with a 10x4.7 prop. I currently use this combo on the versa wing (tractor), the speedster, and localfiend's zero.

I would just use foam instead of the basswood.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I think you'll be okay. A few hours ago I was inspecting a wing half with no basswood and it felt okay for a light setup.

Go for it!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Speed components acquired. :D

image.jpeg

Usafa93

Elevator Connections??

Nick, Beautiful design! Hoping my skill as a pilot is up to par for this airframe. Having trouble figuring out the elevator. It looks like it has 2 control horns and two control rods, but I didn't see that in the video. Am I missing something? How do you use 2 control rods for the elevator? Thanks! Jay

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Nick, Beautiful design! Hoping my skill as a pilot is up to par for this airframe. Having trouble figuring out the elevator. It looks like it has 2 control horns and two control rods, but I didn't see that in the video. Am I missing something? How do you use 2 control rods for the elevator? Thanks! Jay

I used the last two holes in the servo arm, one control rod in each hole. Nic says in one of his build videos to make a single hole bigger and put both control rods in the same hole.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Progress on mine last night!

Got the wings all built and they are ready to be joined with the fuse. The only major assembly I have left is the vertical stab and the turtle deck/canopy.

I'm thinking it's going to get a nice paint job. Primed, filled, sanded, then plenty of color.

I'm thinking that it's going to get a similar paint job to a lot of the 3DHS planes like my old (orange) version of the slick.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'll try shimming mine just a touch to help with that tendency. How much are you going to change the incidence on the tail?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'll try making a small indentation at the forward part of the mounting point on the fuselage, but if that's not enough I'll just trim it.