nnKi-61

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
oTFYrk0.jpg

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Beta progress

Made some good progress on my beta build. So far everything fits great.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The wing came out super slick! I haven't even glued the tips and trailing edge yet and they are lining perfectly.

I added some extra bamboo skewers before closing it up just because I could, may help during the inevitable mishap.

Next step is to glue the beveled edges.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
The Ki-61 is a fun plane to fly, here's mine. I'd love to say I built it out of foamboard, but it is actually from FMS.

Ki-61.jpg

Jordan3367

Awesome plane. (again)

Question, how are these people getting the beta plans?
I've looked for them @ nerdnic.com or in the threads, but I haven't found any links.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Awesome plane. (again)

Question, how are these people getting the beta plans?
I've looked for them @ nerdnic.com or in the threads, but I haven't found any links.

Nic has yet to release the build plans yet do to a few changes after my beta testing. Nic just finished the new build but has yet to test it. Once that goes well he will release the build.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Haven't been on here in awhile and forgot to post the maiden test flight of the beta build

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
BridgeInspector,

That's an extremely clean build. Very nice!

Thanks! It has been slow going but it is progressing. Life gets in the way!

Some more progress today.

image.jpeg

I took the paper off of the FT waterproof foamboard and used super 77 to attach it to the posterboard.

image.jpeg

Jordan3367

This one was a closed beta. Would you like to build it?

Well, yes, always, but I have other planes to work on. (Chipmunk v2, LocalFiend's PBY, Super Bandit EDF, etc...)
I was just wondering how the process works, or if I missed something.

Thanks for the reply!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
You got it!

How's the build coming Aaron?

Slow, hopefully I can get it flight worthly this weekend. I have all the controls except the elevator hooked up and then I can finish the top posterboard pieces. (video for IG coming)

The posterboard for the hatch didn't have a cut out on the plans for the canopy. It looks like a simple, lay the canopy on the back half of the hatch, trace and then cut a hole. I have a photo of the inside instrument panel I want to put inside before I seal it up to, just because.
IMG_9413.JPG

On the canopy, I made a small mistake. When assembling, I found I should not have cut the top window out, but it glued back.
IMG_9489.JPG

Still not sure about a paint scheme, I may fly this one first then paint. I may just make it look a bit weathered, ha.
IMG_9408.JPG