nnMiG 3 - 800mm

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
The 800mm mig3 will be going out for its second flight today or tomorrow. Saturdays flight went well. I used my smaller motor to trim her out. It flew well but something dident feel right in the aileron turns so i took it home for adjustments. Everthing seemed ok so im going to swap for the ntm 1800 and give her a go

jayz 84

How did your ntm do?

Ha you have to ask.. well first flight went great. She was really fast...but something about it still bothered me. So i desided to go over it again and do a few more batterys to figure it out. So on battery #3 i found out in a bad way what was wrong. I did a few high speed passes then went up high for a stall dive. She came down fast in for a close fast fly by. Well as i just past by myself i pulled a hard right turn (redbull racer style ) it happen so fast. It did a hard left into a dive right in to road..... only killing the nose ripping it away right at the wing leading edge. Everything else is ok even the pod.... (so i found out what the problem was when i got home with it. My left wing servo gears were destroyed) so i guess its down to salvaging the plane or repairing it.... and the mxs well yea ill post on that one:mad:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I had never had a servo fail before just a few weeks ago. Thankfully it wasn't during flight. What a bummer.

jayz 84

I had never had a servo fail before just a few weeks ago. Thankfully it wasn't during flight. What a bummer.

Ya i have never had a servo failure till now. Ive only broke one on a wing sevro from a bad landing with my modified racing 800mm t28..

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Finally got started on my build. Going with a sky blue belly and white fuse/top wing with sky blue decals. I have started playing around with using an iron to round the edges and taper the trailing edges. It's coming out really nice so far.

dYQJYrql.jpg

zVZRcLNl.jpg

BMRFGo1l.jpg

KXxALOAl.jpg

ezzAFL9l.jpg

ApWyjopl.jpg

071zXM4l.jpg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I like the taper. I've used my iron to hit the edges for rounding/sealing but never considered shaping like that...Nice!

jayz 84

I knew you would like the iron idea. Im surprised i never thought about tappering the whole flight controls. Its coming out nice. Cant waut to see what it looks like being white and blue decals

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I knew you would like the iron idea. Im surprised i never thought about tappering the whole flight controls. Its coming out nice. Cant waut to see what it looks like being white and blue decals

Yeah dude thanks for reminding me about it, I'm gonna be doing this on every build now.

BanditJacksRC

yeah those surfaces look like they would be real slick through the air.. how do they feel rigid wise after the ironing? i imagine pretty solid with the sealed edges and melted foam..