nnMiG 3 - 800mm

marc60

To bad Nic, always sad to loose a plane when you were really happy about it.
At least now you the configuration of throws and expo to fly a MkII
As they say with kings; the nnMIG3 died, long live the nnMIG3(MkII)
greets Marc

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
There is definitely going to be a MKII. I'm thinking about starting on her tonight..

Ha good to hear. Dident think you would get to it that soon. It will be awhile before i start mine. Ha i still have the last one sitting in my closet. Waitting to be gutted

jayz 84

Lol, I know what you mean. I still think of crashed planes as convenient storage for the electronics.;)

Was thinking about just rebuilding the nose. Thats about the only thing wrong with it. Broke off right at the wings leading edge. And fwd of my hatch mod. Other then that just a light crease in the wing right at the servo

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
Was thinking about just rebuilding the nose. Thats about the only thing wrong with it. Broke off right at the wings leading edge. And fwd of my hatch mod. Other then that just a light crease in the wing right at the servo

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

jayz 84

Shouldent be that bad of a job to fix it and blend the repair. Ive been saving it just cause i havent made up my mind to fix it or not.

CAM00787.jpg CAM00788-1.jpg

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Definitely do some nose support there man, I'm not a fan of how weak that section gets with hatches. There's gotta be a good solution to this.

jayz 84

Definitely do some nose support there man, I'm not a fan of how weak that section gets with hatches. There's gotta be a good solution to this.

Yeah ive been thinking about running double skewers (up and lower) in the side walls of the fuse. Cut channels and glue them in. Should make the whole nose and area around the hatch much stronger. And the new way im doing the hatches will help with strength

jayz 84

I must rebuild!

I deff would.. but i would also try the skewers on the nose like you texed me earier today. But when i tested it on a scrap fuse. I imbedded them into the foam two on each side(one on the upper fuse side wall and another just above the wing cut out) makes the nose alot more rigid( setting them in place with 5min epoxy is a bigger + in strength. But hotglue works great too)

jayz 84

No not yet man. But i sure need too. I miss that plane it was one of my favorite