nnMIG 3 Swappable - design, build, and review log

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah good catch. #3 was originally taller before I decided to make a clear cockpit. So the pre poster board shots have that taller former. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you good on what to do now, though?

Its ok. And im doing pretty good the only thing i have left is the turtle deck which is gonna have to wait till my parts show up(metal gear servos for the elevator) and i have the wing to fuse farings, scoop to do, but on the scoop i think i might have to trim a notch in it cause the wing trailing edge sticks out alittle(past the end of the cut out on the fuse)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Its ok. And im doing pretty good the only thing i have left is the turtle deck which is gonna have to wait till my parts show up(metal gear servos for the elevator) and i have the wing to fuse farings, scoop to do, but on the scoop i think i might have to trim a notch in it cause the wing trailing edge sticks out alittle(past the end of the cut out on the fuse)

Former #3 is where you see the seam in the poster board and the cockpit line going up and over.

K2dXLb1l.jpg

For the scoop you gotta work it a bit. It should light bend up into place and make a nice clean fit.

jayz 84

Going great so far. done till my parts and motor show up gotta love hobbyking international store 3weeks now.. CAM00458.jpg CAM00459.jpg

jayz 84

Looks great man! How does it feel to know you'll fly the second nnMiG 3 ever? Haha

Oh and never order from the international warehouse man.

That was my goal haha. I cant wait. And ya thats the last time i order from there. I just wanted to get everything from one place

arrow

I can't seem to get drop box to let me down load the plans . is there a different way to down load the plans?

jayz 84

That was my goal haha. I cant wait. And ya thats the last time i order from there. I just wanted to get everything from one place

Well no parts again today so if there not hear by tomorrow im just going to slap my turnigy 3530 1100kv motor on it for a maiden and trim set up

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Sad day for the nnMiG 3. I was flying her this morning and it was overcast with the sun peaking through holes in the clouds. On my second battery (I was flying the standard motor at the time) I got caught in the sun about 40 feet off the ground and lost orientation. Started a spiral downward and wasn't able to correct in time. She nosed straight in and peeled open like a banana.

:-(

jayz 84

Sad day for the nnMiG 3. I was flying her this morning and it was overcast with the sun peaking through holes in the clouds. On my second battery (I was flying the standard motor at the time) I got caught in the sun about 40 feet off the ground and lost orientation. Started a spiral downward and wasn't able to correct in time. She nosed straight in and peeled open like a banana.

:-(

That really sucks man are you gonna rebuild?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah, for sure. I'm gonna go the sanding route this time and try the waterproofing method FT just posted.

jayz 84

Yeah, for sure. I'm gonna go the sanding route this time and try the waterproofing method FT just posted.

What was that push rod wire you used?

Well i was at lows looking around i found some 18gauge steel wire right across from the rack you get the aluminum for the spars seem pretty good to me. And i got some of that midwax polycrylic and just tested just on foam board to see how it come out. Maybe replace the other midwax

Last edited:

jayz 84

All most done nic just need power pod, canopy and your decals. Ill tell you this is coolest and best designed plan ive ever build thanks man cant wait to fly her CAM00460.jpg

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
That's quite the compliment, thanks man! She's looking great! How many hours do you have wrapped up so far?