nnMIG 3 Swappable - design, build, and review log

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Ok (jaxx) here you go man some side shots with the spinner and some of the pod and hatch mod for you (nic) showing how much space you have to play with CAM00520.jpg CAM00521.jpg CAM00523.jpg thats 2 1800 4s under the canopy section showing how much room you have and all the fwd play area for cg balance CAM00524.jpg CAM00525.jpg and the short pod. Still very easy to swap(easier) and you dont have to worry about taking it out to change batterys the hatch makes it ten times easier and faster for battery change

jayz 84

Looks so good man, I love it.

Did you just wing the paint design?

Ya i pretty much did wing it. I sparyed the tan then did a fast tape out line for the green. Let that all dry then taped all surface edges to paint the blue bottom. It was a fast paint job so i could get her out flying but im pretty happy with it

jayz 84

Jayz,
Thanks for the pics! How's your back doing?

No prob man. Now on the back its better to a point i cant pick up much. But im having a bad week i guess cause right now im in the hospital on antibiotics do to a bad infection in my nose form a cut i had. Im falling apart lol

Jaxx

No prob man. Now on the back its better to a point i cant pick up much. But im having a bad week i guess cause right now im in the hospital on antibiotics do to a bad infection in my nose form a cut i had. Im falling apart lol

Man, you just can't get a break. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? Get well soon brother.

jayz 84

Man, you just can't get a break. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? Get well soon brother.

Haha very true i guess. And im tring i used a vacation week. Ha i guess i can use my time to build more

JohnRambozo

Ok (jaxx) here you go man some side shots with the spinner and some of the pod and hatch mod for you (nic) showing how much space you have to play with thats 2 1800 4s under the canopy section showing how much room you have and all the fwd play area for cg balance and the short pod. Still very easy to swap(easier) and you dont have to worry about taking it out to change batterys the hatch makes it ten times easier and faster for battery change

That's a sweet looking plane, jayz! That hatch and short pod are great designs.

Get better so you can get out and fly. (or so you can get back to work and buy more stuff to build more planes) :)

jayz 84

That's a sweet looking plane, jayz! That hatch and short pod are great designs.

Get better so you can get out and fly. (or so you can get back to work and buy more stuff to build more planes) :)

Haha ya man thanks. Im not a 100% yet but im back to work today. And im in the middle of my cliped wing spit right now with the thin race wing like the mig wing should be finished tonight on the wing. ill post a pic of it on one of these's threds. And i just printed out a 80% mig today for my 35 36 1800 motor.

Guy

Hello Guys

Here is my realization of the nnMig3 - this is my first built of this plane and i didn't have at this time the proper aluminium spar (not available at the Home depot) so this is a 3/4 inside instead of a 1/2.

The result is a wing just 1/4 thicker, i had to dig the foam for the spar to fit in as nic did but the servos are just glued on the foam (no digging there)
I had to change a bit the fuselage so the thicker wing would fit in.

I used the hatch idea as the battery needs to be just in front of the cockpit to balance the plane properly.

That is all i did.

I just minwaxed the plane today and i will go for maiden this week after a quick airbrush set if i have time.

My power system:

NTM 3536 1400kv
HK 60A ESC
NanoTech 4s 2200A
I used 3 regular HXT900 9gr servos from HK
FUTABA 14SG - GPS module in the plane so i can get the realtime speed.
Propeller 8X4E but i'll try the 9X6 and 10x10 as soon as i can lay my hands on some.

If the experts have any comments before i go fly ;-)

I'll build another one with the regular 1/2 spar asap since i was able to train on that one.

I want to sincerely thank Nic for his contributionS, and i want to thank those who participate on this forum.

Nic, i 'll make a donation and i encourage all those who can, to do so.

You will find the donation link on the first page if i recall correctly

Regards.

Guy

FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

jayz 84

Hey guy man i have to say you did a great job man nice work. And the wing being alittle thicker should not hurt you any just maybe a tad slower. You shouldent have any problems with your wing tho aslong as you dident change the AOA. Your setup sounds good. Just make sure you give her a good throw on take off and be ready. And if you can take some pix of the hatch wanna see how you did on it

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hello Guys

Here is my realization of the nnMig3 - this is my first built of this plane and i didn't have at this time the proper aluminium spar (not available at the Home depot) so this is a 3/4 inside instead of a 1/2.

The result is a wing just 1/4 thicker, i had to dig the foam for the spar to fit in as nic did but the servos are just glued on the foam (no digging there)
I had to change a bit the fuselage so the thicker wing would fit in.

I used the hatch idea as the battery needs to be just in front of the cockpit to balance the plane properly.

That is all i did.

I just minwaxed the plane today and i will go for maiden this week after a quick airbrush set if i have time.

My power system:

NTM 3536 1400kv
HK 60A ESC
NanoTech 4s 2200A
I used 3 regular HXT900 9gr servos from HK
FUTABA 14SG - GPS module in the plane so i can get the realtime speed.
Propeller 8X4E but i'll try the 9X6 and 10x10 as soon as i can lay my hands on some.

If the experts have any comments before i go fly ;-)

I'll build another one with the regular 1/2 spar asap since i was able to train on that one.

I want to sincerely thank Nic for his contributionS, and i want to thank those who participate on this forum.

Nic, i 'll make a donation and i encourage all those who can, to do so.

You will find the donation link on the first page if i recall correctly

Regards.

Guy

View attachment 33436 View attachment 33420

Nice work, Guy! She came out great. I know you'll love the way it zips along, your power set up should give you a really fun all around experience.

Thank you for the donation! It really means a lot to me and every little bit counts so I really appreciate it. Definitely keep us updated on your first flight!

???

I went ahead and trimmed the nose a bit and boxed it in. I kinda like the smooth wing bottom. my ft Mustang always belly landed badly from the scoop dragging. it looks better with it, but if it won't hurt flying. I'll property leave it smooth

I need to get the big foot 10 ordered up. even though I might test fly it once with this motor I had around

jayz 84

I went ahead and trimmed the nose a bit and boxed it in. I kinda like the smooth wing bottom. my ft Mustang always belly landed badly from the scoop dragging. it looks better with it, but if it won't hurt flying. I'll property leave it smooth

I need to get the big foot 10 ordered up. even though I might test fly it once with this motor I had around

Looks great man nice job on the build. I like the closed front ends to but i left mine open for better air flow move my big motor and esc. Do fly on that motor first to get use to her then move up to the big foot cause itll become a monster

abah

Hi,

I'm from Pemangkat West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Thank you for allowing me to join this forum.
Some days I try to make a plane nnMIG 3 with the materials and equipment which is too limited for me who lives in a small town, because it is so difficult to get the material that matches the one in flitetest.
One day I will post some pictures in order to be an inspiration to other friends, especially to make nnMIG 3 aircraft with very limited materials.
Here's the best photo results of my work, hopefully pleasing to you all.

IMG_4481.JPG

Thank You

Last edited: