Quick Tip: adjusting servo arms mounted inside the wing.

HeadInTheCloud

If you ever need to adjust the servo arms on any of the ft swappable a where the servo arms are mounted inside the wing, just take the correct size screwdriver and make a small diagonal passage approximately 1 inch out from the servo arm. (See image) image.jpg image.jpg

skeplin

Good idea, but how do you keep the screw from falling into the wing? I ended up cutting two access panels on the bottom of the wing.

HeadInTheCloud

@skeplin I screw it in slightly so that it does not fall out and then I slide the control arm sideways through the slot. In my case though; I have open wing tips so it is not the end of the world if the screw does fall in because I can simply tilt the wing vertically and it will slide out.
Would you mind posting a pic of your access cuts?

AlSmith

Great tip. The way I keep those little bitty screws from falling is to use a magnetic screwdriver.

skeplin

Here are a couple of pics of my "hatches". I cut them after the plane was completed because I had servo problems. I then applied a piece of clear duct tape (awesome stuff) to one side as a hinge and added a piece of scotch tape doubled over as a "handle". I don't tape them down since they fit snugly and have the hinge facing the leading edge of the wing.

20140502_185144.jpg

20140502_185130.jpg

HeadInTheCloud

Here are a couple of pics of my "hatches". I cut them after the plane was completed because I had servo problems. I then applied a piece of clear duct tape (awesome stuff) to one side as a hinge and added a piece of scotch tape doubled over as a "handle". I don't tape them down since they fit snugly and have the hinge facing the leading edge of the wing.

View attachment 22791

View attachment 22792

They look great!
I was thinking of doing the same but I thought it would look messy. :/ it looks really neat.
Great job!

skeplin

Thanks, I also covered them in extreme packing tape before I put them back on to keep the paper from de-laminating.