Flite Risk

So I just resolved a very bizarre issue.

When storing my qx7 in it's carrying case (harbor freight foam filled metal case), I heard my radio turn on........Odd.
Upon further inspection, just applying pressure anywhere to the shell or radio body I could boot up the Tx. While flying I would hear 'receiver is still connected' but I wouldn't hit yes so it nevepowered down mid flight.
So I scrubbed for surgery.
I took off the back pannel, tried loosening the screws to the power button/trim board it got better, I could squeeze the shell or radio body and it wouldn't turn on, pressing the power button would turn it on like normal but too loose and I couldn't turn it off.
To make a long story short, basically I lifted the power / trim board without disconnecting any wires, then I applied a VERY small ammount of oil to 4 sides or the rectangular power button, grabbed it with tweezers, put it all back together and Its back to normal.
I see a radiomaster in my future though.

Hope this helps, sorry I didn't take pics

-Flite Risk

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
This happens with all radios using plastic inserts to push buttons thru the case. the edges get filled with dust or dead skin or finger oils eventually trap dirt n stuff as well. Simply taking the cover off the radio once a year popping those plastic buttons out and washing it all with warm soapy water will clear it for another round of use.

Adding oils into something that already attracts dust n dirt may work as a temp solution but long term will only attract and hold more.