Retracts Question

Drewlo

Hi all,
Might be a stupid question,
Can I run retracts on one channel through a Y cable ?
The problem I’m having is one wheel go’s up and one go’s down.
Also, can I use a 3 position switch ?
Cheers.

MaxTheFliteFreak

Hi all,
Might be a stupid question,
Can I run retracts on one channel through a Y cable ?
The problem I’m having is one wheel go’s up and one go’s down.
Also, can I use a 3 position switch ?
Cheers.
Hi and welcome to the Forums.

I have never made or used retracts but I am sure you can use a Y connector on the retracts, just make sure the servos are going the right direction.
You can also go into the Mix settings on the radio and reverse one of the units on the servo that isn't going in the right direction and that should do the trick.

Goodluck and happy flying!

mastermalpass

Elite member
If your retracts are running off servos, then you have the challenge I always have when using Y-links.

A pair of Y-linked servos will go parrallel with each other on their axis. Of course, for the sake of neatness, I like my servos to be symmetrical and so I flip one around and have its control arm reach out the opposite way; now my servos are moving opposite. Which is fine for ailerons - where I normally use a Y link - they need to be going opposite. but for flaps? Well now I need both my servos facing the same way.

For servoless retracts, they don't seem to have an 'orientation'. I did a test where I had two retracts on Y-link plugged into another Y-link with another retract plugged into it and all three retracts worked fine. Must be 'cause they all came on the the same starting position, I dunno.