AgentC

Elite member
the scout is my best flying plane and the one i learned on. I've been thinking about designing floats for the mini scout
as I would like to be able to fly off the water, and take it on road trips.
paint scheme by a 4 year old btw.

Last year I made a Mini Snow Scout, it worked awesome on snow and ice.
IMG_20220228_100420.jpg IMG_20220228_110120.jpg

I flew it well into the summer until I went too hard and folded the wing. I have a thrown-together Mini Scout at the moment but want to remake the Crash-Test version like the one in these pics.

I'll also plan to refine the floats and maybe make a resource for them.

mastermalpass

Elite member
The lightest mini scout competition produced planes that were VERY fragile. The whole point was to remove weight and most of that weight game from structural support. Yeah, they could fly slow, but most of them probably couldn't take a hit of any sort.

That competition was awesome! Some of entries were amazing performers and flew in spaces that I thought were reserved for rotor-wings.

Of course, the guys who made those builds had a lot of skill. Mine weighed 73 grams but had no authority or power, it was barely flyable! 😂

MaxTheFliteFreak

That competition was awesome! Some of entries were amazing performers and flew in spaces that I thought were reserved for rotor-wings.

Of course, the guys who made those builds had a lot of skill. Mine weighed 73 grams but had no authority or power, it was barely flyable! 😂
Video link?