ShrubSmacker Release

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@The Hangar likes the Kitfox so much that he wants a back pack version... Just don't think the rimfire will fit in there though :ROFLMAO:
Lol, I guess I can go with an F pack...
Lol the rimfire probably weighs more than little shrubby.
Oh don’t worry - I’ll be adding weight with a huge battery - no 450 mah batteries for me - straight to the 1000 or 1500 mah packs!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Finally got around to 3d printing some wingtips for this bird. Batteries are charging right now, I'll report back later today to see if the flight characteristics change.
IMG_20200310_115451905.jpg

IMG_20200310_115514653.jpg

If anybody is interested you can download the STL's for the wingtips.

Attachments

• Wingtip.stl
    19.6 KB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
Finally got around to 3d printing some wingtips for the latest bird. Batteries are charging right now, I'll report back later today to see if the flight characteristics. View attachment 160947

View attachment 160948

If anybody is interested you can download the STL's for the wingtips.
I'll print some for mine. I'm gonna build it during the group build on Sunday

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Flight report, at speeds the roll rate didn't feel much different might have been a bit faster but kinda hard to tell for sure. At slow speeds though, as with my old shrubby, the roll rate was much more responsive and the ailerons didn't get mushy or lose authority during landings.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Got in a few flights today and one was with Shrubby, didn't end so well though, came in low and slow and the wind turned me and it was heading straight for a pilot cage so I powered up and it rolled with the wind also doing a cartwheel nose plant.