slope soaring

bracesport

Legendary member
hehe! :)

336340_d70e1616592891f3895e92626a79305a.jpg

bracesport

Legendary member
I just landed three carbon super slopers 2x 2.75m Aeroic Corsa's and 1x 2.50m Aeroic Forza (Dr James Hammond is Aeroic is from Taiwan) - I do not even have any servos I would dare to put into these, so I might need to keep them in the box for a while!

119316019_1243124786040613_6008245727080370556_o.jpg
forza3.jpeg
IMG_1493.JPG

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
I like the look of the FRsky servos with an IDS (Integrated Drive System) - these have a direct actuating push rod that is hiding inside the wing - nevertheless, these puppies run at $50 each and these big gliders need 6 servos!

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 2.29.07 PM.png

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
Also, FRsky (which I am a fan of) are introducing a new radio with their own operating system called 'ETHOS' - I imagine they have taken all their experiences with OpenTX and built their own system to integrate with their gear seamlessly - It is a sweet looking radio in the style of their Horus - I am keeping my options open!

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 2.33.30 PM.png

Wildthing

Legendary member
Holy Merry Christmas to you :) . Nice collection of slopers, cute model too :)

One of the guys in the club here just got one of those radios just a few days ago

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
would a simple soarer also do slope soaring well?
i am getting tired of waiting for my electronics to arrive.. i have some servos lying around and an old 35mhz rx and tx lying around.... any suggestions?
p.s. i have plenty of slopes.... mountains

Wildthing

Legendary member
would a simple soarer also do slope soaring well?
i am getting tired of waiting for my electronics to arrive.. i have some servos lying around and an old 35mhz rx and tx lying around.... any suggestions?
p.s. i have plenty of slopes.... mountains
You can slope soar almost anything just that some work better then others. I live out on the prairies so not much for hills around me, wish there was a near by cliff or mountain.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
You can slope soar almost anything just that some work better then others. I live out on the prairies so not much for hills around me, wish there was a near by cliff or mountain.
yea i was just wondering which plane would be easiest to slope soar... i thought that the simple soarer would work well. because well simple soarer (SS) = Slope Soaring (SS)
and it's a glider that is made for fighting gravity without a motor

bracesport

Legendary member
@Matthewdupreez - Hi Matt - as @Wildthing said pretty much anything will slope - the defining factor is the wind speed - the more the windspeed and height of the slope the bigger or heavier the ship will need to be - the simple soarer will slope well in light conditions - my spitfire weighed in at 1.2kgs (with ballast) to slope on our cliff @60kph winds - my DLG (250g) slopes on a light breeze.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
@Matthewdupreez - Hi Matt - as @Wildthing said pretty much anything will slope - the defining factor is the wind speed - the more the windspeed and height of the slope the bigger or heavier the ship will need to be - the simple soarer will slope well in light conditions - my spitfire weighed in at 1.2kgs (with ballast) to slope on our cliff @60kph winds - my DLG (250g) slopes on a light breeze.
cool i don't know what speed wind we had on top of the mountain but it sure was pretty strong... at a guess 30kmph but I'll definitely build a ss and try slope soaring it looks like a ton of fun..
maybe ill even make two and invite a friend of mine who is into rc to... only he has $6000 + balsa planes... that i don't think he would want to use in slope soaring:ROFLMAO:
@bracesport
@Wildthing
thanks for the info

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hey guys... i am looking for really good slopesoarer glider plans.... approximately 2m/6ft wingspan.... that i can cut with my hot-wire from a plank of EPS i have.... planning to build a ss as well but i also want something that'll soar in really light winds... and EPS is super light