• Total voters

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Na.. bi planes are meh

Sez U.......

2c307de08d760f9107bf38467993fd0d.jpg

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
To keep the powder from compacting, have you thought about attaching a vibrating motor that will spin when activated? Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pager+motor&crid=GV2PIRFWADA8&sprefix=pager+moto,aps,135&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&tag=lstir-20

That should help agitate the powder and keep it from compacting.
Just put a small tank of compressed air on it. You wouldn’t need airspeed at all then… I mean if weight doesn’t matter anything’s possible🤣

Bricks

Master member
I am not clear what you are trying to suggest? some mechanism that moves the talcum powder mechanically? sorry for my English.

You could use the airflow instead of running straight thru have a baffle or two
something that causes the air to swirl as it goes thru.

Piotrsko

Master member
Now we're getting goofy.

Baffling would probably work or maybe just a deflection somewhere

Goshawk? Looks like a stearman with a 4360 to me

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Having fun ah? hahahha :ROFLMAO:3D printed V.2 prototype will be released today :cool::p
For now I will only release the prototype with the servo mount integrated to the pylon to facilitate the assembly. If everything works and after the necessary adjustments we will be able to think about the other versions.
1645715044658.png

Last edited:

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Prototype Version 2 2.1 is ready for printing!!!! (UPDATED)
Pieces where scaled up to 150% to increase the incoming airflow.

Assembly
Print the parts and attach in the following order (Do not use glue at this time. Take into consideration that some parts may need to be sanded)
  1. Print PilonA, Shaft and Holder. Mount Shaft on PilonA and then attach Holder from behind. Make sure Shaft rotates freely.
    1645716640141.png

2. Print PilonB and make sure it couples correctly with PilonA and Holder.
    1645716687596.png
  3. Print Outlet and make sure it mates with PilonB and the clips work properly holding it in position (this is the part that might need the most modification). Outlet only fits in one position andshould be easy to insert and remove.
    1645716846604.png
  4. Print Handler and verify that it fits correctly on Shaft
    1645716902707.png
  5. Print Inlet and verify that it fits correctly in PilonA.
    1645716988249.png
Once you have verified that all the pieces fit correctly and that there is sufficient mobility for Shaft, repeat the process but using glue this time. Note that Outlet should not be glued to PilonB and that Inlet will only be glued to PilonA after the servo and control rod have been adjusted. Note that it will be necessary to drill holes in the servo base for mounting. The required rotation to open and close the air flow is 45 degrees. The picture shows it in the closed position.
1645717378109.png

Warning
The designs were made taking into consideration all the relative measurements of the prototype and the clearances to ensure proper assembly and free movement of the moving parts. But... it is possible that some parts may not fit as expected.

Thank you
If you decide to test my prototype, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you very much in advance.

Pieces (Corrected the scale of the pieces to 150%)

Attachments

• Handler-150%.stl
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Holder-150%.stl
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Inlet-150%.stl
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Outlet-150%.stl
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PilonA-150%.stl
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PilonB-150%.stl
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Shaft-150%.stl
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Okay, I did not know that, I will try to print it sometime but the printer has been running 24/7 printing a truck for my brother so it may be a while.
Some parts like the Shaft and Inlet may need supports. I'm not really an expert in 3D printing, so I guess I'll leave that to someone who knows. If the slicer says it needs them then add them.
I'm in no hurry with this, take your time. I would really appreciate it if you could try it, but I don't want to put you on the spot. Thanks in advance.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Some parts like the Shaft and Inlet may need supports. I'm not really an expert in 3D printing, so I guess I'll leave that to someone who knows. If the slicer says it needs them then add them.
I'm in no hurry with this, take your time. I would really appreciate it if you could try it, but I don't want to put you on the spot. Thanks in advance.
No, I want to try it myself! Just it will be a while before I can... I am just worried because supports are not a big deal, but removing them can sometimes break weak parts.

Kugzenburg

Hello everyone!
Some time ago I saw this video by chance on the internet and it caught my attention because I've been looking to do something similar for a long time.

The video prototype works quite well but has a lot of room for improvement.
  • Powder output is not radio-controlled
  • Air intake is not very good
  • Powder tends to settle inside the container which means that it does not always mix with the incoming air.
  • The shape of the dispenser is not aerodynamic and therefore produces unwanted resistance.

Taking into account the previous points I wanted to create a more solid prototype that allows to:
  • Can be easily adapted to almost any type of aircraft
  • Easy to fill the tank
  • Control the amount of powder that is released
  • And make it look super cool ;):cool:

I am open to suggestions and help, I think it can have a future. If you have any ideas, please share them to improve this project together.
Just stab your lipo, it should produce quite a lot of smokes, even with some fire effect if you're lucky. Totally reccomend it 10/10