SP0NZ - Plans Index

bmosinski

A Doo doo doo... A Da da da.. FT Simple Stick plans is all I want from you. :p;)

Tap. Tap.. Tap.. is this thing on? Check 1...check 2?

Abdul Bari

Hey sponz do u think the simple stick plans will be out first or the newer mighty minis also a suggestion for flite test as a request to plz give laser cutting files idk if it is too much to ask for but just a suggestion

Michael9865

Elite member
Hey sponz do u think the simple stick plans will be out first or the newer mighty minis also a suggestion for flite test as a request to plz give laser cutting files idk if it is too much to ask for but just a suggestion

I think that the cutting files would be too much to ask. Depending on which laser one uses the settings would need modified. Enough unscrupulous people are duplicating/stealing there designs as it is already as is.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey sponz do u think the simple stick plans will be out first or the newer mighty minis...
I have no control or insight as to what plans will be released or when.

...also a suggestion for flite test as a request to plz give laser cutting files idk if it is too much to ask for but just a suggestion
Flite Test has already stated that they will not provide cutting files. The plans are provided for people who want to scratch build vs. buying the Flite Test kits. Those who wish to cut their own, will need to create the files for their own personal use.

Corsair714

Hey @SP0NZ you don't have to answer this, maybe you all ready have. Have you drawn up the plans for the new mini planes? And you're just waiting for the go ahead from FT? Sorry if someone already asked this, you get a ton of questions so you may have been asked this or something similar a million times.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey @SP0NZ you don't have to answer this, maybe you all ready have. Have you drawn up the plans for the new mini planes? And you're just waiting for the go ahead from FT? Sorry if someone already asked this, you get a ton of questions so you may have been asked this or something similar a million times.
No, I have not been asked to draw the plans for the new minis yet.

Abdul Bari

No, I have not been asked to draw the plans for the new minis yet.
wait wait wait so you have drawn the plans of the simple stick and waiting for ft to release it. another question of about how much time it takes to draw different planes?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
wait wait wait so you have drawn the plans of the simple stick and waiting for ft to release it.
Correct. The plans were finished back in August of 2020.

another question of about how much time it takes to draw different planes?
That's not an easy question to answer. It depends on the plane and the complexity. Also, it's not just drawing the plans, it's also publishing out the PDF documents and the editing that is required with the PDFs. If I had to guess I would say anywhere between 10-20 hours of work per plan set.

Abdul Bari

Correct. The plans were finished back in August of 2020.

That's not an easy question to answer. It depends on the plane and the complexity. Also, it's not just drawing the plans, it's also publishing out the PDF documents and the editing that is required with the PDFs. If I had to guess I would say anywhere between 10-20 hours of work per plan set.
wooooooooooow this is really interesting thanks for replying to my questions and i m sorry if i took too much time from u every day. but i wonder why ft releases the plans late

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
wooooooooooow this is really interesting thanks for replying to my questions and i m sorry if i took too much time from u every day. but i wonder why ft releases the plans late
The way FT releases plans is changing. They've yet to say exactly what the changes are, though.
Conversations about this usually go a bit sideways, kind of like "adversarial" yaw! LOL!

w1lp33

I don't get what u guys mean. Is it that it is almost half a year and they didn't release it yet?

and I’m expecting eventually they’re going to announce that they aren’t going to release them. That they’re not going to do free plans anymore. Or they’ll release the simple stick plans but announce that it’ll be the last set they release.

That’s what I’m expecting anyways. Like has been discussed, FT has had very little to say on this subject.

Abdul Bari

and I’m expecting eventually they’re going to announce that they aren’t going to release them. That they’re not going to do free plans anymore. Or they’ll release the simple stick plans but announce that it’ll be the last set they release.

That’s what I’m expecting anyways. Like has been discussed, FT has had very little to say on this subject.
I mean if they do they regret they will be in big pain because in this video at 1:22
they said if there are no plans you unsubscribe and talk bad about us to everyone you know and i think this is why a person commented on one of their videos "wow flitetest has forgotten their roots" i went back and literally liked the comment so flite test please you said you wanted to get people in the hobby and this is the opposite

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

They did say they are going to have a plan solution, but didn't say exactly what, yet.
Could be a single pay per plan, or subscription, or whatever. All good!