Spektrum Dx5e sticks not responding

ZoomAirlines

HI first post here. I'm having trouble with my Spektrum Dx5e transmitter in that the reverse switches can control the servos and motor, but when I try moving the sticks there is no response. I should mention that I took the controller apart for a project and extended the wires connecting the sticks to the circuit board. Do you guys know of any reasons why the sticks are not responsive now or how I can go about solving the issue?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
well.. if the issue started when you extended the wires connecting the sticks to the board, I suspect you didn't do something correctly and that is there the problem is.

ZoomAirlines

well.. if the issue started when you extended the wires connecting the sticks to the board, I suspect you didn't do something correctly and that is there the problem is.
Hmm okay. Also, I used a wire of a different thickness, would that be a problem?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Hmm okay. Also, I used a wire of a different thickness, would that be a problem?
it depends (in this situation, as long as it was close, probably not), but if you messed up the soldering, the pingouts, the board were you soldered to... things like that are more likely the cause.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
pics would help, open it up and take some pics and post em here, then we can understand your problem better and help solve it