'SPIT' roasted FB

Jimun

Elite member
She lives!

She may not be quite as smooth as she used to be. My motor doesn't sound well and is drawing a lot of power as well. It didn't get hot, though. All things considered, I'm not complaining. She flies! :D
Somebody sounds happy:D. You are looking good and stretching you skills more and more.(y). I though it was the laughing making the camera shake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Somebody sounds happy:D. You are looking good and stretching you skills more and more.(y). I though it was the laughing making the camera shake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Man, I was so glad that my Spitfire was still flyable! I am just in love with that plane. With me, it's sort of "flavor of the week" as to which plane is my favorite. Right now it is definitely my Spitfire! Any time I get even close to the ground, I feel like I'm pushing on the edge of my skill envelope. Then I get some altitude and she'll roll and loop with the best of 'em. It's just such a rush to fly it! :D

The Fopster

Master member
I had some time yesterday and the weather was poor, so I got out the rattle cans and self adhesive vinyl. Just need to fit the canopy and I'm all done - not as nice as some of the super-scale builds on here but shows how a little paint can make even the basic design look good!

IMG_20191112_094643508_HDR.jpg IMG_20191112_121450303.jpg IMG_20191112_130604533_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191113_092400572~2.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

degriz

I know I have posted my Spit numerous times, but you guys might want to try a coroplast build. This one has been around 5 years or more, has had a makeover a couple of times, and still flys great! Foam would never been able to stand up to the abuse this one has, New posterboard, new paint, new stickers, new plane ;)

Attachments

• spit1.jpg
    spit1.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I had some time yesterday and the weather was poor, so I got out the rattle cans and self adhesive vinyl. Just need to fit the canopy and I'm all done - not as nice as some of the super-scale builds on here but shows how a little paint can make even the basic design look good!

View attachment 147936 View attachment 147937 View attachment 147938 View attachment 147939
No worries on your build, @The Fopster. That sweet paint job puts it right up there with the best of 'em! Beautiful. :)

Javiester

Elite member

View attachment 147936 View attachment 147937 View attachment 147938 View attachment 147939
I liked it as much as it flies that I'm going to build a new, more detailed one
I have ordered this canopy
HTB17jMlaffsK1RjSszbq6AqBXXad.jpg

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32669994802.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.76a72e0eHS1Z1h

mayan

Legendary member

kilroy07

Legendary member

The Fopster

Master member
I know I have posted my Spit numerous times, but you guys might want to try a coroplast build. This one has been around 5 years or more, has had a makeover a couple of times, and still flys great! Foam would never been able to stand up to the abuse this one has, New posterboard, new paint, new stickers, new plane ;)

Very interesting - what does it weigh? Any idea how it compares to Foamboard? I'm tempted to give that a try...

The Fopster

Master member
@The Fopster - you will be able to compare your flat spit vs this one - I love the wing stripes - I need to put some on mine for more visibility in the air! :D

I've always liked the look of the invasion stripes, but also as most of my crashes are a result of losing orientation at distance I'm hoping (as you suggest) that they will help with visibility. I'll find out as soon as the rain stops!

degriz

Very interesting - what does it weigh? Any idea how it compares to Foamboard? I'm tempted to give that a try...

The 2 mm sheet I used is just about double the weight of white dollar tree foam board. Although heavier, it still has the same flying characteristics of the foam Spitfire. The biggest difference I have found is in landing, I have to come in faster, it's not floaty, but because of the durability of the coroplast, hard landings does not damage it. Another plus, durability during transporting , I have beat up a lot of my foamies getting them in and out of the truck.