'SPIT' roasted FB

Wildthing

Legendary member
Sweet!
3D printed planes are at the top of my list of things to do next year...

Do let us know how it compares to the ft one!
This is my second go around with it. A little heavier but they slice through the air like a hot knife through butter. I also have their P-38 that has everything, flaps, retracts you name it . It has a 55" WS.
They are a little more work to repair or you say screw and just print a new one :D

kilroy07

Legendary member
This is my second go around with it. A little heavier but they slice through the air like a hot knife through butter. I also have their P-38 that has everything, flaps, retracts you name it . It has a 55" WS.
They are a little more work to repair or you say screw and just print a new one :D
👍👍

I’ve got the free eclipson mostly printed but no time to finish it.
I also have the STL files for the PT-17 and all the components but I really want to dial in my printer before I tackle that one....

Have you seen/heard of the new light-weight PLA?

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - keep us posted on the weight as it progresses - finished printed weight vs AUW for flying!

Lols like I need to buy some more filament! 😀

Weighs in at 16.6 oz. So now depending how heavy duty power setup you want to run plus 3 9g servos will be your final weight. I ran it with a Powerup Zoom 2840 3000kv with a 2200 4S, 6X3 prop and 80A esc so tad heavy but then I also went down to a 1400kv motor 40A esc, 10X5 prop and 2200 3S battery which was considerably lighter , both flew great and fast.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Ok , all printed , ailerons and elevator are hinged and on, hinge paper is so slick :) . Now to start working on the hardware :) . Also to put it in perspective this guy has a 38" WS and is about 30" long.

2019_1116_165620_001.JPG
2019_1116_165634_002.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Here it is the Spitfire maiden flight. Warmed up with the TT first and then this.

UUUGGGHHHH:eek::eek::eek:.

Ok Spitfire maiden - Take 2:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alright she flys and she flys good.
Nice, well done.
I have made the same mistake with control surfaces, you lok to see they are working but you forget to pay attention in what direction they are going. I made it a habit also of always looking at the plane from the same direction when checking them

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Here it is the Spitfire maiden flight. Warmed up with the TT first and then this.

Second attempt was much better, it was the elevator that brought id down the first time? I was gonna say more throttle on launch but a reversed elevator will do it. Nice landing though. Got it nice and level in the end, you could really tell in the last low pass.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Nice flying @Jimun! I'd call that a successful maiden (once you got the elevator sorted out, that is!) You were flying around like you owned the sky. Beautiful flight. That was a pretty amazing landing as well. Pretty near perfect!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@Wildthing - that is looking primo - luckily it is winter for you now as the black heats up real easy - I kind of regret painting my Vista black as even sitting on the grass she gets very hot very quickly - I might see if I have enough orange in stock!

Phil
How's the weather looking, Phil? It's been too long since you've flown. Powered or slope, you need a flight. :)

kilroy07

Legendary member
No I haven't, any links to it?

The PT-17 would be cool
Apparently it's a collaboration with Eclipson for their Y model.
https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/model-v
https://colorfabb.com/lw-pla-natural
I'll probably pick up a spool to play with in Jan/Feb

Alright man, great job! (y)(y)