'SPIT' roasted FB

Wildthing

Legendary member
Ba careful checking a bad esc with another motor, early on I went through my whole ft stock of motors because of one bad esc 😡

Anyone know of a way to safely test escs?
(Maybe I should just buy a couple of those cheap $5 motors again for that.

Great flying though....
(You know, until the end.) I think my setup has too much elevator authority, but maybe a tad more would have saved your plane... 🤔 (Mine is crazy twitchy though...) probably just the operator 😜

Get her repaired so you can try the saw2020 challenge. 😜

I’m glad you joined us my friend ... probably about time we think about 2020. 👍👍

Try one of these .
https://www.banggood.com/YRRC-1-6S-...l?rmmds=cart_middle_products&cur_warehouse=CN

Wildthing

Legendary member
Thanks, I had heard about these... I guess it would help if there were a blown mofset huh... 🤔
Guys have homemade ones even using car lamp bulbs , it basically limits the amount of current to the motor and esc then if there is something not right it just shuts down so you don't hurt anything. Works even if you have a bad motor and stops you from hurting the esc.

mayan

Legendary member
Boy did I have alot of catching up to do :)

I did these from Sponz designs
Don't the wings fold?

Well, she’s ready for the final install. Do you think the FT Power Pack C with the 1800 mah is a good choice? I’m not such a good pilot yet. But she’s almost done!
Amazing :)!

P.S. you might want to wear a diaper :poop::LOL:
I think I’ll stick with the 10x45 first time out. Fresh out of diapers! 🤪
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I am so IN!!!!!

I think the Spitfire is one of those planes that can turn you into one!
+1

Well it's not a Spit Roasted but it is coming hot off the printer :)

View attachment 148206 View attachment 148207
Looks like a bat plane :).

Here it is the Spitfire maiden flight. Warmed up with the TT first and then this.

UUUGGGHHHH:eek::eek::eek:.

Ok Spitfire maiden - Take 2:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alright she flys and she flys good.
CRAP CHECK IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU GOT LUCKY :)!
Man your second flight video was amazing show of flying skill. Calm, leveled, in controll seemed like you've been practicing that for years, and the landing was so calm, so genetle. I love it @Jimun, I really am impressed.

Second attempt was much better, it was the elevator that brought id down the first time? I was gonna say more throttle on launch but a reversed elevator will do it. Nice landing though. Got it nice and level in the end, you could really tell in the last low pass.
+1

How's the weather looking, Phil? It's been too long since you've flown. Powered or slope, you need a flight. :)
+1

Last post to celebrate a successful build of the standard SBK FT Spitfire. I messed up with the painting - I used water based brush paint for the underside, not realising that although the FT Foamboard is water resistant, it is still affected by moisture. The stabiliser and ailerons warped pretty badly. Doh!
Anyway, after a delay to gather my resolve I managed to get them straight-is with some heat from an iron, and after a visual trim reset I was off for post-paint maiden. It flew really well - I'm very much a noob pilot but it's very stable and user friendly and it's come home in one piece - evidence below!
Now I'm pondering the next build whilst I practice flying this one - time to get my design head working. I may try a Mosquito...

PS - anyone in the UK know of a prop adaptor for a 3,17mm shaft that's long enough to take a spinner? Mine won't!

View attachment 148447
Great job buddy! The spitfire is defentaly a great warbird for a new pilot because of its stable flight chracteristics. Happy to see you brought her home in one piece :).

Well here is the most up to date pic I have at the moment. So it's getting pretty close. Once I get the front turtle deck on, I'm going to be making that section a removable hatch for the battery.

View attachment 148641
Looks like you are almost there I just recommend you finish and fly it because it makes for a sweet plane to fly.

Here is some video of the Spitfire after the maiden flight from last week.

Yea, I did nose dive it like a lawn dart and it did some damageo_Oo_O. Wings are good but I think I need to build a new fuselage.:unsure::unsure:

View attachment 148760

View attachment 148761

I want to thank @kilroy07 for supplying and starting this whole thing and @bracesport for doing the thread. Also thanks to @mayan , @buzzbomb , @CarolineTyler and @sundown57 for making me apart of this build and fly. Thanks to all (@BATTLEAXE , @Wildthing , and all the others here) that have joined in and participated, encouraged, critiqued and guided us through to many successful and not successful maidens. This has been a blast and from the looks of it it will continue to be.:D
If I thought your previous video was good flying this was kick ass flying! Great job buddy. What happened in the end you pushed down instead of up? BTW looks repairable to me :).

That was some nice flying, @Jimun! You were rolling and looping with the best of 'em, and those landings were spectacular! Way better than mine!

The ending sucked, but Lord knows, I've been there done that! Not the end of the world. Did you lose orientation or just try to come out of that loop too close the ground? Come to think of it. :unsure: I've done both of those, as well! :p

I hope you're not feeling bad about your flights that day. You did really good in my book. I wouldn't write off your fuselage, just yet. Did you see the damage repair to mine? She's not the same, but she still flies great! The damage in the pics looks completely repairable. Patch her up, and throw her back up into the air! :)
+1

Wildthing

Legendary member
Just a word or warning.... it’s a hobby on its own!
🤣
Here is where it becomes a screw with your brain hobby :)

Somewhere into the print it started skipping as if the nozzle was plugged ( new nozzle )

My wife likes the fish net look :D

I think I got it fixed now ;)
2019_1124_100428_001.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
Folks, I want your attention please!
I want to say that the experience with the Spitfire was the best thing I could ask for. It's a super stable plane easy to handle even at low speeds, and an absolute a blast to fly. I want to thank @kilroy07 for this amazing opportunity, that allowed me to build this amazing bird and all the other forum members that took part in this thread and made it what it is today. THANK YOU!

I recently went up and over my flying skills working hard to make a video that will sum up my experience with this amazing bird. So without further ado here it is, enjoy!

Javiester

Elite member
I want to say that the experience with the Spitfire was the best thing I could ask for. It's a super stable plane easy to handle even at low speeds, and an absolute a blast to fly. I want to thank @kilroy07 for this amazing opportunity, that allowed me to build this amazing bird and all the other forum members that took part in this thread and made it what it is today. THANK YOU!

I recently went up and over my flying skills working hard to make a video that will sum up my experience with this amazing bird. So without further ado here it is, enjoy!

totally agree
it is wonderful

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Very nice tribute video! The music made it so tranquil. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you, sir!

Jimun

Elite member

Awesome. It is a pretty bird.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I want to thank @kilroy07 for this amazing opportunity, that allowed me to build this amazing bird and all the other forum members that took part in this thread and made it what it is today. THANK YOU!

No need to thank me Brother! I really enjoy watching you gain experience as you share videos!! (Does make me a tad jealous when I can't fly though.) ;) And (as you mentioned) thanks to everyone who's joining us on this journey! This community is amazing.

Thank you, waiting for @kilroy07 to see it :).
Done. (y)(y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
It was fun and I had a good time. Who me, user error? :p:p Maybe :LOL::LOL: I did warm up with the Tiny Trainer but I was have issues with it. I think the ESC has gone bad. I lost power and the motor got pretty hot. I did try another motor and it got hot to. This was after soldering the battery connector back on. I get to get more planes built so I can have more fun.
I also had an esc issue. Motor was hot but that could have been from me over propping it😉