Swappable Douglas DC-3/C-47

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Awesome job RockNBurn! The model looks great. How long have your been working with Blender?

RockNBurn

Thanks. I've been working for about 6 years.
I had some issues exporting the body. Somehow the scale was wrong. Fixed now.
I'll probably post the 3D file as well when I'm done.

RockNBurn

Assembling the middle wing section

I'm assuming that everyone here had build at least one plane, or watched several build videos. I'm not gonna talk about bevel, and double bevels, because it is a pain to do on 3D.

Assembly_001.jpg
Assembly_002.jpg
Assembly_003.jpg
Assembly_004.jpg
Assembly_005.jpg
Assembly_006.jpg

Last edited:

RockNBurn

Attaching the wings to the body, and assembling the Cabin.

Assembly_001.jpg Assembly_002.jpg Assembly_003.jpg Assembly_004.jpg Assembly_005.jpg Assembly_006.jpg Assembly_007.jpg Assembly_008.jpg Assembly_009.jpg Assembly_010.jpg Assembly_011.jpg Assembly_012.jpg Assembly_013.jpg Assembly_014.jpg Assembly_015.jpg Assembly_016.jpg
The 3 servos in the middle are for the split flaps.
The aileron horns must be shortened.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks. I've been working for about 6 years.
I had some issues exporting the body. Somehow the scale was wrong. Fixed now.
I'll probably post the 3D file as well when I'm done.

This is absolutely incredible work! I will definitely checkout the 3D file when you post it.

Last edited:

RockNBurn

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

I really hoping it works. As my first time designing an airplane, I'm king of worried that I done someting wrong, maybe on the design or exporting it. Bender is not CAD, you know =P

*Fingers crossed*

RockNBurn

Btw, I added the 3D file. Just click on the link on the first page. There is a folder with the .blend file.

I don't know how to find the CG spot. I looked into a manual for the Top Flight DC-3, and their CG spot it right on where I placed the spar.

Last edited:

RockNBurn

Oops, I forgot a piece. I'll add it to the files.
I had no time to build this week, unfortunately. Maybe next week I can get a prototype working =/

RockNBurn

Montagem_DC3_0001.jpg Montagem_DC3_0002.jpg Montagem_DC3_0003.jpg Montagem_DC3_0004.jpg Montagem_DC3_0005.jpg Montagem_DC3_0006.jpg Montagem_DC3_0007.jpg Montagem_DC3_0008.jpg Montagem_DC3_0009.jpg Montagem_DC3_0010.jpg Montagem_DC3_0011.jpg Montagem_DC3_0012.jpg Montagem_DC3_0013.jpg Montagem_DC3_0014.jpg Montagem_DC3_0015.jpg

Mid wing section done. For some reason, I forgot to resize one of those tabs. Not a problem. :)
Those wing tips will have to wait until I get more glue sticks.

BTW, sorry about the dirty wing.