The big bang of Mustangs

Marty72

Elite member
@Marty72 I know you changed your avatar a while ago but I want to say I really like it! The new scout 3.0 looks awesome and as always great to have Roo in the pic! :D I’m hoping to build another scout sometime in the near future. I plan on adding lights in it for night flying.

Thanks, I like the way the black version turned out. I don't think I'll fly it much but it's nice to have it.
Yeah, that's the real Roo Baron, has all her colors, Black, white and a touch of red. I found that I missed my Scout, I had a hole in my line up. The Scout flies slow, and easy to land w/ wheels and can fly in a smaller area. The Club flying field has a runway but I struggled to land the Sportster there with wheels. I did fine with the UMX Timber, so I plan I using the Scout for landing and take off practice as well as park flying. Once i get landing at the club down with the Scout, I'll move up to the Sportster, then the P 40, ect. The landing strip is a weird surface, hard and has holes. W/ wheels, I seem to prefer short mowed, fine grass, it seems to compensate for my landing incompetence.

I haven't maidened my third Scout yet, should be next week. IF I go the the Club, I'll probably put the phone of the run way for video.

slowjo

Master member
Thanks, I like the way the black version turned out. I don't think I'll fly it much but it's nice to have it.
Yeah, that's the real Roo Baron, has all her colors, Black, white and a touch of red. I found that I missed my Scout, I had a hole in my line up. The Scout flies slow, and easy to land w/ wheels and can fly in a smaller area. The Club flying field has a runway but I struggled to land the Sportster there with wheels. I did fine with the UMX Timber, so I plan I using the Scout for landing and take off practice as well as park flying. Once i get landing at the club down with the Scout, I'll move up to the Sportster, then the P 40, ect. The landing strip is a weird surface, hard and has holes. W/ wheels, I seem to prefer short mowed, fine grass, it seems to compensate for my landing incompetence.

I haven't maidened my third Scout yet, should be next week. IF I go the the Club, I'll probably put the phone of the run way for video.
befor I moved I flew off assault, I loved doing touch and goes with my scout, she landed sooo perdy

Marty72

Elite member
Here my lastest, I'll add it to this thread, as it's has a pretty nice collection of Mustangs. I'm calling it my 4th of July edition.

IMG_2519.JPG

Marty72

Elite member
Another amazing build, looks really sharp. The decals are they vinyl or just printed paper?
That's vinyl, it's suppose to be water proof and the matt is suppose to hold up better but I maidened the Scout yesterday and I can tell you, the ink bleed all over the place (used the matt vinyl there as well). Now, yesterday, I was doing a bunch of landing and take off on a wet soccer field and the prop had the plane literally dripping wet.

Marty72

Elite member
Yes working on the spitfire master series but having issues not liking my work so far. Kinda feel like something is not to my liking :(.
Understand completely. I watched the video and was concerned that might happen with me as well. It just seems like there is a whole lot less margin in the master series. I hope you get it worked out, I'd really like to hear how it compares flying-wise to the simple to make Spitfire. That is a high bar indeed, as I think that is one of ft's best planes.