The Bike Thread (pedal power not motor power - e-bikes excepted)

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
This past week I took good hit to the shoulder. I was taking a 45degree corner down hill and washed out in some sand. Between being 6'3", on an 2xl frame, and falling down hill, it took a while to hit the ground! Lol Anyway, it did a little damage to my shoulder but I should be back to jumping and shredding in a week but for now the wheels stay on the ground!

flyingkelpie

Elite member
This past week I took good hit to the shoulder. I was taking a 45degree corner down hill and washed out in some sand. Between being 6'3", on an 2xl frame, and falling down hill, it took a while to hit the ground! Lol Anyway, it did a little damage to my shoulder but I should be back to jumping and shredding in a week but for now the wheels stay on the ground!
Ouch! Hopefully about to be out for another ride! I nearly washed out multiple times last ride on Wednesday so let's hope for the best!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Rip And Tear!

Going to commute to work tomorrow with the recumbent, to build and sell more bikes.
I wish you the best! Let me know the results! (y)
will let you know what the results are.
unfortunately it's extremly dry here so ther is a nice thick layer of dust on some of the farm roads around here, i hate slippery silky dust.:LOL:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Our trails all the time basically lol. You get used to it though... sort of.
Yeah, same for me. We don't get much rain where I am and the hot weather bakes all the trails (there isn't much shade from trees). The result is hard packed dry dirt with a thin coat of dust on top. I actually have some new tires on the way from Maxxis to help out on that terrain, I am currently running a set of 2 inch wide hybrid tires, so I'm hoping that 2.1" Maxxis Crossmarks will help.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
First ride of a "standard" diamond frame for the year last night. People in the group were shocked to see me like that. LOL. Neck was better than expected, but not as good as I hoped for. Will keep alternating between bikes and see if the neck will do better over time.
Jamis CX bike in road trim with a Powertap rear wheel for extra data.
IMG_20210615_195540765_HDR.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Today was a great day for a ride (except for the fact that it was hot out). I ended up going much farther than originally planned and finished off my ride with a nice view of a valley.
Also, I feel like I would enjoy being an XC rider. I have learned to enjoy climbs recently and I have even started actively seeking them out lol. Today I did quite a few solid miles of climbing, and when I descended I lost enough altitude fast enough for my ears to get blocked (I spent close to an hour climbing and lost all of the altitude in a single, fast descent).
I really wish I took some pictures of that view of the valley I was talking about, maybe next time though, and there will be a next time.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Today was a great day for a ride (except for the fact that it was hot out). I ended up going much farther than originally planned and finished off my ride with a nice view of a valley.
Also, I feel like I would enjoy being an XC rider. I have learned to enjoy climbs recently and I have even started actively seeking them out lol. Today I did quite a few solid miles of climbing, and when I descended I lost enough altitude fast enough for my ears to get blocked (I spent close to an hour climbing and lost all of the altitude in a single, fast descent).
I really wish I took some pictures of that view of the valley I was talking about, maybe next time though, and there will be a next time.
Nice! Descending is my favorite part of riding, it feels so nice after doing all the climbing to get the reward. Today I got an early ride in at Andrews University trail so I got a good 1200' of climbing in about 12 miles lol. If you're able to, try to get out on a trail, it really takes the fun and workout to a whole new level! (Just make sure to get a good helmet and tires for the terrain)

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Nice! Descending is my favorite part of riding, it feels so nice after doing all the climbing to get the reward. Today I got an early ride in at Andrews University trail so I got a good 1200' of climbing in about 12 miles lol. If you're able to, try to get out on a trail, it really takes the fun and workout to a whole new level! (Just make sure to get a good helmet and tires for the terrain)
Yeah, I really like descending, but I still need to get a feel for my new tires (I actually did get a good helmet, pads, and new tires for trail riding lol). I'm also trash at managing my grip and need some more confidence hehe. I plan to do more of that over the summer, mountain biking is fun and I really want to get better at it.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Yeah, I really like descending, but I still need to get a feel for my new tires (I actually did get a good helmet, pads, and new tires for trail riding lol). I'm also trash at managing my grip and need some more confidence hehe. I plan to do more of that over the summer, mountain biking is fun and I really want to get better at it.
Great! If you want pointers, GMBN has some good videos for bike handling skills, and once you get some pointers, it's practice, practice, practice and you'll be tearing up the descents in no time!

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Now I'm here I made a nice tabletop with the tractor yesterday. I'll send through a photo soon. Came down with a fever yesterday and still recovering so didn't get to hit it but hopefully tomorrow.