The Bike Thread (pedal power not motor power - e-bikes excepted)

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I commute 5 days/week, only about 25 minutes each way on city streets, all weather. Beyond that I've ridden very little this year. Bummer because there are pleasant asphalt paths all along the South part of Brooklyn. And of course there's Manhattan (Duh) right over the bridge. That's not crunchy singletrack stuff but hey it's the complete freedom of riding, right in the heart of The City, in the center of the universe. Time to do a little more of that with my NEW BIKE.

You're lying. There's no way that bike is 10 yrs old! Has it been in the basement all this time?
Its called keeping the bike meticulously clean

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Its called keeping the bike meticulously clean
And only periodic meticulous cleaning at that. I dug out this pic from Dec 2015 of the Jamis (center) after a gravel grind which turned out to be a complete mud bath. Notice the missing rear deraileur on the MTB tired bike on the right.... He switched back to Single Speed after that. It got all full of mud and ended up busting the hanger off.

Screenshot_2021-07-21-13-23-22-049.jpeg

Jamis is also in front of the bucket in the background (BIG Muskee)

More pics of what happens to a gravel bike when you can't shed mud and it collects in the rear end
Screenshot_2021-07-21-13-35-54-766.jpeg

Last edited:
And only periodic meticulous cleaning at that. I dug out this pic from Dec 2015 of the Jamis (center) after a gravel grind which turned out to be a complete mud bath. Notice the missing rear deraileur on the MTB tired bike on the right.... He switched back to Single Speed after that. It got all full of mud and ended up busting the hanger off.

View attachment 204047
Jamis is also in front of the bucket in the background (BIG Muskee)

More pics of what happens to a gravel bike when you can't shed mud and it collects in the rear end
View attachment 204048
Wow too much to comment on! That is one bigass piece of steel. That's the stickiest mud there is. It's like cake batter. Ok you win! You crunchy. :LOL:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Been building a ton of bikes lately. Not the best stuff, but good entry level bikes. Yesterday found out we even have some 29er E-bikes. People are coming in after moths of waiting to get brand name and high end bikes, just to be able to ride. Been about a month since I've ridden. Will pick back up soon....

Will have to throw my Garmin on a few flights to get some elevation. LOL

request to join sent

LitterBug

Techno Nut
lol.... that is a good idea... you could log 300m of elevation in a vertical distance of 1m, using a drone... that would astound people:ROFLMAO:
I actually did it once. It is flatter than flat here and the local town is "Hilliard". So i flew around and posted it as "putting the Hill in "HILLiard"