The Kitfox (Cub Alternative)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Are you gonna take it up today?
I did and goes good, well it did go good until the motor went up in smoke. Had it as an Inrunner but I had holes matching the base of the motor so direct air right inside of it plus vents through the bottom of the mount . It had the option to mount as an outrunner also , should have went that way but it looked so clean this way. Video is loading up now.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Here we go, al loaded up. Only 2 flights today so I am posting both here, one with the Kitfox and the other with my T-50. day started out really nice and when I got to the field maybe a 10 to 15k wind and as I was pulling the battery out of the kitfox wind from hell came rolling in and I was chasing my planes :D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Here we go, al loaded up. Only 2 flights today so I am posting both here, one with the Kitfox and the other with my T-50. day started out really nice and when I got to the field maybe a 10 to 15k wind and as I was pulling the battery out of the kitfox wind from hell came rolling in and I was chasing my planes :D

Nice flights. That's to bad about the second fried motor though, was it the same thing, got to hot?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I did and goes good, well it did go good until the motor went up in smoke. Had it as an Inrunner but I had holes matching the base of the motor so direct air right inside of it plus vents through the bottom of the mount . It had the option to mount as an outrunner also , should have went that way but it looked so clean this way. Video is loading up now.
Was that the new turnigy motor? How many amps were you putting through it? If that is the same motor you mentioned earlier at 60 amp or so I doubt more air would have saved it . If I remember right those motors are only rated to 40amp. Maybe I got the motor wrong though.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Was that the new turnigy motor? How many amps were you putting through it? If that is the same motor you mentioned earlier at 60 amp or so I doubt more air would have saved it . If I remember right those motors are only rated to 40amp. Maybe I got the motor wrong though.
I know but I always push them a little harder but at 1/2 throttle it was around 30A and most of that flight I was around 1/2 throttle.

Also when I ran it on the test bench with that prop and I ran it pretty hard it was barely warm to the touch .

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
New motor mount is in along with the new motor the Turnigy Air 3730 1000kv. Quick test using the 12X6 prop on 3S at wot 28A draw, another note it is mounted as an Inrunner like the others but even larger vent holes in the mount this time. Now temps have warmed up the just barely the plus side but the winds are hanging around 40k.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
New motor mount is in along with the new motor the Turnigy Air 3730 1000kv. Quick test using the 12X6 prop on 3S at wot 28A draw, another note it is mounted as an Inrunner like the others but even larger vent holes in the mount this time. Now temps have warmed up the just barely the plus side but the winds are hanging around 40k.
Don't be such a wussy and fly that hot rod :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: