The Kitfox (Cub Alternative)

whackflyer

Master member
Did anyone see the FreedomFox in the background of the "Josh is Concerned" video? Looks legit ♥️🥰😍
Screenshot_20200301-163135.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I am certain you are correct. I am just really distractable lately and my build flow on that one was disrupted. inertia is huge sometimes. :) some planes get done in two days others... well, I still have half a goblin built from months ago
Lol, remember the P-38 I started during Christmas break? :LOL: Oh yeah, and the Sea angle, racer, edge, and 140% edge too... And please give me a good reason to justify me starting an A-10 yesterday... :rolleyes:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am certain you are correct. I am just really distractable lately and my build flow on that one was disrupted. inertia is huge sometimes. :) some planes get done in two days others... well, I still have half a goblin built from months ago
Lol, remember the P-38 I started during Christmas break? :LOL: Oh yeah, and the Sea angle, racer, edge, and 140% edge too... And please give me a good reason to justify me starting an A-10 yesterday... :rolleyes:
don't know how you guys can just leave ha;f built planes lying around, my OCD siren would be wailing.

Wildthing

Legendary member
don't know how you guys can just leave ha;f built planes lying around, my OCD siren would be wailing.

Me neither, I may build 2 at a time , actually once I did three at a time but it was to keep that work bench rolling. As I glued certain pieces on 1 plane and had to let glue cure I would do the same to the next and so on and then back to the original one. But I can't just set a half done plane aside and not look at it for a month.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Me neither, I may build 2 at a time , actually once I did three at a time but it was to keep that work bench rolling. As I glued certain pieces on 1 plane and had to let glue cure I would do the same to the next and so on and then back to the original one. But I can't just set a half done plane aside and not look at it for a month.
I build with purpose and intent for every plane, I don't build just for the sake of building. I have completed a couple planes with the intent to fly and never flew them for one reason or another, one was the Speed Demon. I built it from one sheet of FB and I thought it would be cool to see how it would do against the Racer, but this is also the time that I am still waiting for a receiver in the mail. It did get scrapped for the servos to build the Scout. How I justified this was that I already have the Racer as the go fast plane, and the SD was only one sheet of FB and an afternoons worth of time. It was an easy decision that way. But to just start builds because you want the plane at your disposal, but then lose interest half way through, would be something I wouldn't start in the first place

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I build with purpose and intent for every plane, I don't build just for the sake of building. I have completed a couple planes with the intent to fly and never flew them for one reason or another, one was the Speed Demon. I built it from one sheet of FB and I thought it would be cool to see how it would do against the Racer, but this is also the time that I am still waiting for a receiver in the mail. It did get scrapped for the servos to build the Scout. How I justified this was that I already have the Racer as the go fast plane, and the SD was only one sheet of FB and an afternoons worth of time. It was an easy decision that way. But to just start builds because you want the plane at your disposal, but then lose interest half way through, would be something I wouldn't start in the first place
Well if I knew I was going to loose interest half way through of course I wouldn't start it lol. I only have the one plane I abandoned. After seeing some build videos and flights of the goblin I decided I wasn't ready for that plane and when then I also ran out of servos it got shelved. The others will get finished. The kitfox inam working on o got frustrated that I had to reprint plans to get parts that weren't included in my first cutting session and moved on to the beech 18. Halfway through that I got some really nice weather and flew a bunch and got inspired to upscale a dr1. Which I did start to finish in 2-3 days. Now I'll go back to the beech or restart the kitfox. See there is a method to my madness :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have more time to cut out parts while I listen to stuff for school, but I sometimes struggle to find time to sit down and watch the build video and follow along, so I get things cut out and then don't build it. Or, in the case of the 140% edge, it's such a big project and I had just cut out a normal edge and a couple weeks earlier I had done a mini edge so I just didn't feel like cutting out another edge, since it's such an intense project to cut out...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
We all have our reasons for the process we stick to. I have a mind that cant just leave things incomplete. Just even having all these planes to fly and still waiting on this Rx is so frustrating. Not buying priority parts from China to save a few bucks anymore. The time lost is a killer.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
We all have our reasons for the process we stick to. I have a mind that cant just leave things incomplete. Just even having all these planes to fly and still waiting on this Rx is so frustrating. Not buying priority parts from China to save a few bucks anymore. The time lost is a killer.
Yeah - those parts need to come man - no new flight vids on your yt channel is killing me! :LOL:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Are you waiting on your tx also or did you get that back already